Sov GT pays out big silver on first beach session

murkey

Well I have had my Sovereign GT a few weeks now and used it a fair bit inland so getting used to the tones but I really wanted to let it go on the beach..

So today I took my family to a nice holiday spot here in Devon (UK) and thought I might be able to smuggle in a few hours detecting, well in the end I had under 3 hours but I really enjoyed it, the area didn't turn out many coins as I think the locals hammer it once all the tourists have gone home but I got the usual pull tabs (sound great on a GT), couple of bottle tops, washers, fishing weight, dog tag, bike sprocket and a AAA battery, now that sounded like gold, big solid low tone....darn battery...

And then a nice bright solid signal a few inches down - BAM!!..37.6 grams of Tiffany & Co silver, got to say I was so pleased when I read that on the pendant :D

When we went for a walk in the local town I took it into a Jewelers and they confirmed it is real so happy days...

Cant wait to get back on the beach and give the GT a long session at low tide..

IMG_2839_zps3c4df3fb.jpg

IMG_2841_zps99968319.jpg

IMG_2842_zps07ed2a29.jpg

Sure is... The jewellery shop said they could only give scrap value for it at £8.00!! Don't think so...bet that would have been in their shop window for £££ the next day..

Lol, with the sovereign pulltabs have a distinct sound in discrimination mode nickels sound the same so I'd recommend learning the sound and avoiding it. The one thing about the sovereign thst really bugs me is its uncanny ability to detect a can at a foot or 2 and sound amazing. Yet close cans are broken up sounding.

Sure is... The jewellery shop said they could only give scrap value for it at £8.00!! Don't think so...bet that would have been in their shop window for £££ the next day..
After some cleaning and polishing of course! ;)

After some cleaning and polishing of course! ;)

Yes it does have a few marks and a dull finish but I hit it with some AutoSol metal polish today and it looks a lot better....said my missus could have it but its not her thing so looks like I'll sell it...... and buy a decent beach scoop :D

Per Dentritics melt value's around $23.40. ARA will give you around 93% of that and Tiffany & Co. charges...........$275 for it:laughing: What is it they say about a fool and their money?

Stupid humans!

Back
Top Bottom