youtube video stars

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Well we all should know the difference between serious metal detecting hobbyist and youtube stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS_M75P53ys

a .44 seconds he states that 5,000 confederate soldiers died in the Battle of Kennesaw mountain.

Hmm, it really was 800 confederates. Not to be too picky but maybe he should do some more research before his civil war metal detecting videos.

But hey, he has 200,000 viewers maybe not so observant or picky as I am about facts. With today's young people it seems that facts don't seem to matter much.

Don’t know why people don’t research the history. That’s the fun part!

I think some people confuse "casualties" with "killed". Casualties includes killed, wounded, missing, and captured. 5,000 might be reasonable for casualties.

I think some people confuse "casualties" with "killed". Casualties includes killed, wounded, missing, and captured. 5,000 might be reasonable for casualties.

I totally agree. and in my civil war research, they most often quote casualties and not as often list deaths in a battle. I guess to the Army the most important figures are casualties which effectively mean men who are of no longer use in the battle which is probably one of the main points in winning a battle.

Don't really mean to pick on that youtube metal detecting/scuba diving star, but some viewers may wrongly believe misinformation. Kind of a pet peeve with me.

MaxxKatt Quote
"I guess to the Army the most important figures are casualties which effectively mean men who are of no longer use in the battle which is probably one of the main points in winning a battle"

when I was in the Army they told us it's better to wound somebody cause it'd take 2 or more guys getting them out of there so I think MaxxKatt's right about that...

Back
Top Bottom