Long time no see…

Coinboy

Elite Member
Hi guys! I haven’t logged on here in a long time and I’m happy to be back. In the summer, my best friend tragically passed away, and after that I was in a bad place. I was unmotivated to do anything, even come on here or detect. But I decided it was time to log back on, so good luck everyone and I look forward to seeing what you guys find!

Hi guys! I haven’t logged on here in a long time and I’m happy to be back. In the summer, my best friend tragically passed away, and after that I was in a bad place. I was unmotivated to do anything, even come on here or detect. But I decided it was time to log back on, so good luck everyone and I look forward to seeing what you guys find!

Glad to see you back on , you have a lot of forum to catch up on.

I was wonderin’ what happened there CB! Losing a friend especially as a young man can be difficult to process, there’s no shame in being human and having emotion! It puts a little different light on things for sure, priorities can change. As long as YOU are “into it”, you know you have friends here! Metal detecting can be a really good way to help process stuff like this, because it puts your mind in a different place, if only for a time. Good to hear you’re OK.🙂

Sorry to hear that.
I also had a really BAD summer this year so I know how you feel.

Sorry about your friend, that had to be very tough on you, but glad you found the motivation again to come back on the forum, people do notice when someone has not been on in a while.

Last edited:
Welcome back from a fellow Iowan Coinboy! I couldn't have stated my condolences and thoughts on your emotional health any better than IDX already did, so I'll simply let his statement speak for me as well. Always good to see you post on the forum.

Glad to see you back on , you have a lot of forum to catch up on.
Thanks I sure do!

Sorry to hear about your friend...welcome back!
Thanks Cal.

I was wonderin’ what happened there CB! Losing a friend especially as a young man can be difficult to process, there’s no shame in being human and having emotion! It puts a little different light on things for sure, priorities can change. As long as YOU are “into it”, you know you have friends here! Metal detecting can be a really good way to help process stuff like this, because it puts your mind in a different place, if only for a time. Good to hear you’re OK.🙂
Very well said, thank you.
Sorry to hear that.
I also had a really BAD summer this year so I know how you feel.
Thanks and hope you’re doing ok too.
Sorry about your friend, that had to be very tough on you, but glad you found the motivation again to come back on the forum, people do notice when someone has not been on in a while.
I appreciate it Gary thanks.
Welcome back from a fellow Iowan Coinboy! I couldn't have stated my condolences and thoughts on your emotional health any better than IDX already did, so I'll simply let his statement speak for me as well. Always good to see you post on the forum.
Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your best friend, Coinboy. :welcomeback:
Thank you, it’s been tough.

Welcome back. It's best to have other things to think about other than your loss. Losing friends when I was young was terrible but as time goes by you'll be remembering the good things about them being in your life and not the sadness.

Welcome back. Sorry for your personal loss. I have been there with my beloved wife passing. Trust me time, friends and diversions help. You will never forget your friend, cherish your memories.

Back
Top Bottom