C'Mon Garrett!

metaladdict

Elite Member
You need to get a multifrequency Waterproof detector better than the Ace out!:foottap: I would hate to see Garrett get obsoleted!:no:

They released the Apex pretty recently. It's not the best SMF out there, but it's a good start and has good ergonomics.

I'm sure they're working on an "AT" SMF type of detector.

They brought us the Apex which I found to be a very good mid-priced SMF. So good that that I bought 3 of them and keep different coils mounted on each.

I don't get in the water so I don't need a waterproof, dive-ready detector. I'm sure Garrett will come through for those who do.

Monte

Many people would like to see Garrett produce a lightweight, fully waterproof, straight shaft, smf machine at a competitive price.

They need to really WOW us with a NEW gti 2500 series they have no FLAG ship detector at the moment.

I have been ocean detecting with my apex since they came out ive been dunked countless times by stray waves with no problems but thats here in california where were not constantly submerged like you would be in hawaii or florida so for those guys i hope the new one comes out soon, regarding the price do i think it will be as cheap as a detector made in a third world country no but i don't mind paying a little more for a detector made in my country

Seeing as tho the AT machines are so over priced. I wonder what they will want for a smf wet machine?

Presumably, the AT line of detectors will either be discontinued or drop in price...at last to some extent.

So instead of $552 for a new AT Pro, it's $400...something like that.

But I think at least 1 of the AT Machines will be discontinued; I'm guessing it'll be the AT Pro, while the AT Max drops from $722 to $550 (give or take). Then the new "AT Apex" will MSRP for $800 or something.

Presumably, the AT line of detectors will either be discontinued or drop in price...at last to some extent.

So instead of $552 for a new AT Pro, it's $400...something like that.

But I think at least 1 of the AT Machines will be discontinued; I'm guessing it'll be the AT Pro, while the AT Max drops from $722 to $550 (give or take). Then the new "AT Apex" will MSRP for $800 or something.

They didn't get rid of the gti2500 for who knows why???? They won't get rid of the At series for sure!

They didn't get rid of the gti2500 for who knows why???? They won't get rid of the At series for sure!

I had heard a while back that when they came up with the gti machines they bought way to many supplies for em and didn't sell many...
I don't see garrett being able to stay competitive for the long haul..
If they do make a smf to compete with nokta and even the nox 600..I don't see how they can keep the price competitive
Making duds like the gti and the apex isn't gonna help em
After owning the 1st AT machines , I wasn't gonna buy the max that's for sure.. matter of fact I told my nephew thats just getting back into it, to pass up an AT machine for a simplex there is just no justifying the money compared to a simplex

They need to really WOW us with a NEW gti 2500 series they have no FLAG ship detector at the moment.

I believe garrett learned it's lesson with that gti gimmicky kinda machine...I was told they are still trying to get rid of stock they purchased to make the gti when it came out ... lol
I've never even heard of anyone using one of those ...

I believe garrett learned it's lesson with that gti gimmicky kinda machine...I was told they are still trying to get rid of stock they purchased to make the gti when it came out ... lol
I've never even heard of anyone using one of those ...

The GTI 2500 was originally introduced in 1997 I believe, so if they still have original stock that was a decades long terrible decision 😂

It will be hard for them to compete in price because of the USA wages.
What it really comes down to if you want to buy American but they do need to offer us a machine that can compete with the others.
I am hoping Garrett can get through this. But after the TV Shows and all their YouTube Shills I kind of wasn't even following them anymore because they seemed like a little kids company to me.

I had heard a while back that when they came up with the gti machines they bought way to many supplies for em and didn't sell many...
I don't see garrett being able to stay competitive for the long haul..
If they do make a smf to compete with nokta and even the nox 600..I don't see how they can keep the price competitive
Making duds like the gti and the apex isn't gonna help em
After owning the 1st AT machines , I wasn't gonna buy the max that's for sure.. matter of fact I told my nephew thats just getting back into it, to pass up an AT machine for a simplex there is just no justifying the money compared to a simplex

The GTI 2500 was originally introduced in 1997 I believe, so if they still have original stock that was a decades long terrible decision 😂

Seriously ...lolol
Even going back 10 or more yrs , nobody I knew , or even heard about was using one ...
I think they were hoping that people who were just starting out in the hobby would buy into the "imaging" crapola..lolol... but anyone who was digging for any length of time knew that would be a waste of time , and a failure without even looking at one ..loll
All kidding aside , I think garrett is headed for bad times...I don't know what they had to pay to acquire whites , I'm not convinced that was a good financial decision, as not many people were hyped about any of their machines either.... in reality , the AT max was just a rehashed machine even the control box changed little ...it seems to me all they did with the max is change the frequency. And crank the gain up and wala...NEW MACHINE .... they better change their business strategy, cuz rehashing single frequency machines and charging an arm and a leg for em isn't gonna cut it any more..
Let's be real..the AT max should be priced between the simplex and the 600...and if so..the at pro should cost a little more than the simplex..

Everyone in detector production should have multifrequency now or they will most likely fall by the wayside.

So what you are saying, is every company that makes metal detectors should make anyway one detector that has terrible ID numbers and also is hindered by EMI interference.

Just what we all need a detector that sits in the corner because it only works in a very few areas.

There use to be good detectors with multi frequencies, lately they have gotten worse.

Not for me they don't.
I also don't hunt in a city.

So what you are saying, is every company that makes metal detectors should make anyway one detector that has terrible ID numbers and also is hindered by EMI interference.

Just what we all need a detector that sits in the corner because it only works in a very few areas.

There use to be good detectors with multi frequencies, lately they have gotten worse.

Back
Top Bottom