Meanwhile in California...

metaladdict

Elite Member
We have a new law next year where we have to put food waste into a separate garbage can instead of the main garbage.😔

Just sayin.

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 242
We have a new law next year where we have to put food waste into a separate garbage can instead of the main garbage.😔

I live in a location with no public trash pick up. So for 25 years there has been no food items, or wet material in our garbage. Otherwise it would stink and have maggots before I would have to run it to the dump.

Whatever wont fit down your garbage disposal, put in a compost bin. Not that hard!

I live in a location with no public trash pick up. So for 25 years there has been no food items, or wet material in our garbage. Otherwise it would stink and have maggots before I would have to run it to the dump.

Whatever wont fit down your garbage disposal, put in a compost bin. Not that hard!

I agree it's just that I have to change my 54 year old habit now.

Isn't everything a cause of cancer in California too? I'd get out now before they tell you water is a health risk and duly confiscate it from you all... lol

I remember when I was a kid, the garbage was taken out and put in a sunken bucket that had a lid. The garbage man would come once a week to collect. Just saying, doesn’t seem to be a big deal or anything.
I still remember thinking that the bucket he carried on his shoulder had to have been heavy !

For some reason this reminds me of an interview with one of Charles Manson' s female followers decades after their crimes. She described in glowing terms about the great food they had and how they especially enjoyed the variety of fruits and vegetables. Then she added, "you won't believe the food they throw in the dumpsters behind grocery stores. Charlie taught us that." Perhaps this will make it easier and more efficient for the homeless to select their meals?

At the Castle, we recycle aluminum cans and cardboard. Food waste goes to the neighbor’s chickens. And what they cannot eat, such as meat and bones, goes out to the wild animals…directly under the front yard pear tree! This system has been working for years. The foxes, opossums, raccoons, and such reap the benefits. What gets put out today is cleaned up overnight…every time. But of course we live on acres, not eyeball to eyeball with the neighbors, and not in an apartment/condo.

You’ll need to be permit compliant!

Back
Top Bottom