Diamonds Can Be A Boy's Best Friend Too! Beautiful 18K

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After watching the rough surf last Sunday, and seeing it was rough most of the week, I was elated that the surf calmed down enough for a water hunt with Merlin early this Saturday morning. I was expecting many more targets than I got but halfway through the hunt on my return point, I noticed an elated ridge along the beach with a very, very subtle scallop. Enough to be missed by most, but since I go there regularly, I noticed. A few greenies started coming and I lost the signal on one. I believe it had come out of the scoop. As I am moving my detector around trying to relocate it, I pick up a very sweet-sounding mid-tone on the shore break. Two scoops in and I see at the bottom of the scoop amidst the rocks, shells and pebbles, a silvery looking ring - too thick to be a pull-tab. I pluck that baby up and noticed the beautiful glistening diamond ring with some weight. I look inside the ring and see 14K! :dingding: A few minutes later I would look again and notice distinct “18K”. The 2 other silvers and the junk ring came in this 20-yard patch and all within 30 minutes. The silver ring is unmarked but the pavé diamonds test real and the emeralds go up on my diamond tester so they’re good as well. The other silver ring is marked “MEX” and says “Smooth”. At home, I weighed the white gold ring at 3.1 grs and it is indeed “18”. Another great hunt in my book! :good:

Attachments

• 11-13-21.jpg
    11-13-21.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 776
  • 1-13-21 Rings.jpg
    1-13-21 Rings.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 758
  • 11-13-21 FC.jpg
    11-13-21 FC.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 760
  • 11-13-21 fits.jpg
    11-13-21 fits.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 783
After watching the rough surf last Sunday, and seeing it was rough most of the week, I was elated that the surf calmed down enough for a water hunt with Merlin early this Saturday morning. I was expecting many more targets than I got but halfway through the hunt on my return point, I noticed an elated ridge along the beach with a very, very subtle scallop. Enough to be missed by most, but since I go there regularly, I noticed. A few greenies started coming and I lost the signal on one. I believe it had come out of the scoop. As I am moving my detector around trying to relocate it, I pick up a very sweet-sounding mid-tone on the shore break. Two scoops in and I see at the bottom of the scoop amidst the rocks, shells and pebbles, a silvery looking ring - too thick to be a pull-tab. I pluck that baby up and noticed the beautiful glistening diamond ring with some weight. I look inside the ring and see 14K! :dingding: A few minutes later I would look again and notice distinct “18K”. The 2 other silvers and the junk ring came in this 20-yard patch and all within 30 minutes. The silver ring is unmarked but the pavé diamonds test real and the emeralds go up on my diamond tester so they’re good as well. The other silver ring is marked “MEX” and says “Smooth”. At home, I weighed the white gold ring at 3.1 grs and it is indeed “18”. Another great hunt in my book! :good:

Congratulations!
Those are awesome finds.

Wow

I would hunt all the time here if treasure like that was here , killer hunt , ice & green stones , congrats , bet your wife tried them on & said thanks honey :laughing: , U. Da Man Felix , Even Craig's got to give you credit on this hunt . Good Job ! OBN s jaw dropped 4 sure , He might call road trip to Miami :cool3:

I would hunt all the time here if treasure like that was here , killer hunt , ice & green stones , congrats , bet your wife tried them on & said thanks honey :laughing: , U. Da Man Felix , Even Craig's got to give you credit on this hunt . Good Job ! OBN s jaw dropped 4 sure , He might call road trip to Miami :cool3:

I don't have to do anything of the sort... we discussed this on fakebook earlier :lol:

My advice to you Earl is move to Florida or give up metal detecting :yes:

Felix, you dirty, rotten, bass,....wait "bass"? ....I swear that was something else in my head before it hit the friendly metal detecting forum filter ! Great and awesome hunt ! White gold is a beautiful thing....and the sparkles are nice too. Congratufreakinglations ! No seriously, congratulations.

My advice to you Earl is move to Florida or give up metal detecting :yes:
Your rocks up there broke him down but I don't think he could handle the summer heat and the mosquitoes! :lol:

Right now I wish I lived near any beach (other than in CA)... :laughing:
You do. It's called beautiful lake Las Vegas ! Florida humidity is punishing , unless you're born and raised there. Felix does get some great finds though. But also has dry spells like everywhere else. Right now in So.Cal , hunting is bad.

Felix / CFM-ct

Felix is correct , I like a change of seasons and not have to worry about loosing everything in a hurricane , Craig , I still look at Port Charlotte waterfront / canal everyday , no deals , land doubled in price , and going from almost 2 acres to 0.23 , :( , I like Melbourne Beach on A1A vacationed their a few times , however it's a barrier Island which means you will evacuate in hurricanes , treasure coast was nice , why don't you invite Craig down :lol: I don't think he ever saw white sand beaches , just bolder beaches :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom