Sorry I haven't been around lately! A lot's been happening!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
A week ago today an idiot ran a red light and creamed my Ford Escape that I've only had for about a year and a half which by the way was paid for!🤬 Another note on the accident my car was pushed into a third car and that driver was driving on a revoked license and also had no insurance his butt's in jail right now! Final outcome on whether MY car is totaled or not won't be decided for another week or so if then. It's in the hands of my insurance at the moment. But ultimately the other party's insurance will have to fork over money for another vehicle if it is totaled but I told my insurance I didn't want it back regardless! So no telling what I'll get! I know this though they won't give me enough to pay for the car I get out right so chances are I'll be making payments AGAIN! 😠🤬

The rental car they put me in initially was a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee way too big for me to handle and one of the headlights was not working so they had to put me in another car -- a 2021 candy apple red Hyundai Sonata! But this week I can't drive it because I just had cataract surgery TODAY on my right eye!

Also in the accident last week somehow I guess the way I gripped the steering wheel at the point of impact when she hit me somehow my left wrist got broken and I'm now sporting a bright pink cast and I'm left-handed! Also the seat belt shoulder strap snapped tight and I'm bruised from the left clavicle to mid chest and can't take a deep breath so yours truly won't be metal detecting for quite some time! I will have the cast until mid December!

So much for enjoying Thanksgiving and the second eye will be operated on sometime within the first week or two of December so I'll be messed up for Christmas too! ☹️

And today the weather has turned cold. I'm at the Alvin C York VA in Murfreesboro TN in their Fisher House which is much like the McDonald House. This morning when I got up it was 32 degrees and got up to about 55. Right now it's approximately 35 maybe 40 going to drop to about freezing again tonight. After I see the doctor post-op in the morning I will be heading home and yes I do have a driver not to worry I'm not driving with one eye!

Just keep me in your prayers! I hope everyone's been able to get out and start finding stuff in this cooler weather we've been having!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0_11.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_11.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 174
  • imagejpeg_0_12.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_12.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 185
  • imagejpeg_0_10(1).jpg
    imagejpeg_0_10(1).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 183
Shoot Penny, very sorry to hear about your troubles, but dang if it ain't good you're ALIVE and KICKING! We got to be thankful for what we have. You will get through this - I've seen your posts and you're a strong lady. Keep up the good fight and you will be in my thoughts. Glad to see your post!

Wow! How lucky can you be? Having your vehicle out of commission at the same time you're having eye surgeries? Perfect timing! If you have to go to court over it, you might not want to mention the visual impairment thing though. The other driver's lawyer would run with that. They'll shout: "cataract crunch!".
Hang in there. These troubles will pass. One day, you will be driving a new ride, and everything will be looking brighter and more in focus. Then go detecting!

Penny finder! Sorry to hear of your accident and getting hurt…but you are alive and kicking’! So you do have reason to be thankful. Absolutely no fun tho, being bunged up as well as being inconvenienced.

You will be very happy with the cataract surgery! Had mine some 3 years ago and have had no problems since. Got mine corrected to 20/20 for distance, and am glad I went that way. Just readers for me now, and they only cost a couple of bucks!:laughing::laughing:

Glad you have assistance while dealing with the cataract surgery.

Thanks everyone. Yes I'm extremely lucky that it wasn't any worse than it was. God was surely looking out for me! God is good -- ALL THE TIME!

As for the vision troubles my eyesight was fine during the daytime hours for driving. It was the nighttime I had vision problems with the glare etc. This happened at 8:25 in the morning on the 28th of October! My vision was not an issue. Other than nighttime driving, which I had a friend drive me if I needed to be somewhere at night, the only other vision issues I had with the cataracts was determining certain colors like dark brown and dark green or navy and black. If I had good lighting, that wasn't an issue.

The only issue I've got now since the accident is soreness in the wrist and extreme pain at times in my chest if I move the wrong way! I have a good pain medication on board so I'm dealing with it pretty fair!

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress with the injuries and my eyesight.

As for the previous issues of my breast cancer all is clear -- last two mammograms have come back negative for cancer! 😃

Update:

Heard from my claims adjuster and it's going to turn out pretty darn good. My insurance company is going to fork out a pretty good chunk of money for me to get a newer vehicle and then they are going after the other party's insurance to be reimbursed. The car has been considered totaled they valued it at something over eight grand plus fees and taxes etc so it's going to come out pretty good. I've got to send them some notarized papers they sent me stuff in my email that I've got to get printed out and sent to them FedEx. I'll keep you posted. Tonight my arm and my chest are hurting pretty bad.

Cataract Surgery News Update:

Saw the surgeon post-op Friday morning and he told me that my right eye was corrected to 20/30 and with readers it will be corrected to 20/20. And I'm already scheduled for December 2nd to have my left eye done!

November will be a busy month for me. I have two regular VA appointments on the 8th. Then I see my surgeon 1 week post op on the 10th in Murfreesboro, on the 16th I see the orthopedic surgeon regarding my broken wrist no surgery scheduled just a checkup, on the 18th is my pre-op for my left eye cataract surgery, on the 26th the day after Thanksgiving I have to be tested again for covid prior to my left eye cataract surgery on December 2nd.

I have received a number of paperwork PDFs in my email from my claims adjuster that I have to take somewhere and get printed, filled out and signed and notarized and get back into my insurance company overnight or at least by Monday and then I will receive money to start looking for my new ride. I have to relinquish the rental vehicle on Friday November 12th.

Tonight I'm wide awake can't sleep but at least I'm feeling better not as much pain tonight just restless.

Thanks for all the well wishes and comments. I will get through this not somehow but victoriously with God's help!

God was surely looking out for me! God is good -- ALL THE TIME!
Amen to that, and, even though we don't always understand why, God has a plan and a reason for everything that comes across our life. I'll be praying for your recovery. I'm glad that the accident you were in wasn't worse than it was, and that the insurance stuff seems to be working out alright.

-----

This reminds me of earlier this year when my Dad, bro, and I hit an ice patch on an entrance ramp and we were hit almost head on. We were both going about 55 mph when we collided. But God was protecting us, too, and only had some minor injuries.

Attachments

• 20210206_105436(1).jpg
    20210206_105436(1).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 120
Well it looks like I'm screwed! My insurance is not going to pay for any more days after Friday for a rental car. I have to turn it back in Friday and I have appointments coming out the ying yang at the VA in Murfreesboro and Columbia and have no way to get there. My insurance won't pay any more than 10,000 for me to get another vehicle and I'm being backed into a corner just to pick any old piece of !!!! just to have wheels so I can get to my appointments. 10000 won't get me anything with low mileage below 100,000 if I want something comparable to what I had with low mileage below 100,000 then I've got to fork out 15 to 20 thousand or more. All the cars I've seen so far for less than 10,000 have almost 200000 miles. That's a recipe for disaster something with that many miles on it will more than likely spend more time in the dang shop then it will on the road and I'll be having to pay out extra cash for all the dang repairs that it's going to need and I don't have it! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Not to mention having to make payments! so much for being out of debt except for the usual stuff that you can't get rid of ever like rent utilities life insurances car insurance etcetera.

Last edited:
Have you looked at Carfax.com? Plenty of decent used vehicles on there for < than $10K, plus you can look at the features and the Carfax report on each one. Keep you search restricted to Honda or Toyota to find something reliable, and you can keep the distance to your zip code to 50 miles. Ford is selling a new truck, if in stock, for around $12,000. Very basic, but new.

Have you looked at Carfax.com? Plenty of decent used vehicles on there for < than $10K, plus you can look at the features and the Carfax report on each one. Keep you search restricted to Honda or Toyota to find something reliable, and you can keep the distance to your zip code to 50 miles. Ford is selling a new truck, if in stock, for around $12,000. Very basic, but new.
X2 Also try looking on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist. There are a lot of decent vehicles there, too.

happy you are ok ;)
as for your can no way would you want it back..
even if so called repaired when you when to try to sell it
there would be on record a accident..
i use to buy cars like that and fix them but when i sold them
i had to inform buyer it had a salvage title...
good luck hope things get better!!

Back
Top Bottom