• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Trying to reach a ghost town..

metaladdict

Elite Member
Nice view way up in Dee mountain. Those are wine grapes to the left.
Turned out to be private property no trespassing.:no:
I will try a different location next.
I was above and behind Healdsburg ,Ca.

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_150620368.jpg
    IMG_20211127_150620368.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 223
Nice view. Ya know towns are usually named after a person or for what their known for. Do you really want to be digging in Mercuryville.:lol: Good luck on your search. Mark

Nice view. Ya know towns are usually named after a person or for what their known for. Do you really want to be digging in Mercuryville.:lol: Good luck on your search. Mark

If I could I would dig there. Yes they removed Cinnabar for the gold rush there.

metal addict, I am familiar with your part of CA. And If I were you, I would be putting my research into the defunct picnic grounds/resorts/campgrounds of your area. Because, as you know, your area of CA was the "playground" for SF and bay area folk. Scores of old mineral spring resorts, campgrounds, fraternal grounds, picnic groves, etc......

If you can find those that 1) went defunct early on (as opposed to continuously operating parks to-this-day, and/or covered by modern home-sprawls), 2) haven't already been researched and hammered by other md'rs, then you could do good.

These type places far-&-away blow the doors off of ghost towns, as far as coin-ratios go. I've heard of hair-raising stories of guys from the San Rafael & Napa areas, in the 1970s/80s, that were the the first to research and hit these type spots up there. And they scored big time on old silver. I'm assuming they didn't get to all such spots there. Today's research ability (the internet, old newspapers at your fingertips, etc...) can lead you to some more obscure ones perhaps.

metal addict, I am familiar with your part of CA. And If I were you, I would be putting my research into the defunct picnic grounds/resorts/campgrounds of your area. Because, as you know, your area of CA was the "playground" for SF and bay area folk. Scores of old mineral spring resorts, campgrounds, fraternal grounds, picnic groves, etc......

If you can find those that 1) went defunct early on (as opposed to continuously operating parks to-this-day, and/or covered by modern home-sprawls), 2) haven't already been researched and hammered by other md'rs, then you could do good.

These type places far-&-away blow the doors off of ghost towns, as far as coin-ratios go. I've heard of hair-raising stories of guys from the San Rafael & Napa areas, in the 1970s/80s, that were the the first to research and hit these type spots up there. And they scored big time on old silver. I'm assuming they didn't get to all such spots there. Today's research ability (the internet, old newspapers at your fingertips, etc...) can lead you to some more obscure ones perhaps.

San Rafael and surrounding areas have given up some silver coins for me with my Equinox but really private property permission there is all that's left.

Back
Top Bottom