Deus 2

If this new deus is even just on par with the equinox as far as performance goes it’s worth the price IMO. It’s waterproof to 20 meters, lighter and more ergonomic ( no need to buy a new counter-weighted shaft or rig up your own counterweight). Better warranty (5 vs 3 years). More versatile ( more compact, removable remote, easier to hike with). I love my nox and will be keeping it, but it looks XP has everything I want in the new deus.

Waiting for reviews, but likely will pull the trigger maybe in January. The Deus I bought a few years ago will do fine till then.

I ended up selling some stuff and got the money together for one.
But with Nokta due out with News on their new machine and Winter knocking on my door I can just wait and let other people be the testers.
I just wish XP would release the Owners Manual for the DEUS II so I could have something to read while I wait.

I totally with that. I do a lot of urban hiking (long walks while drinking booze and listening to podcasts) for exercise, but can't stand running or aggressive exercising. I'd rather be digging if I want to work up a sweat. Even worse and really pathetic is to see those people using treadmills in indoor gyms while I'm out getting in real adventures while out walking and exploring.

UK update.

The UK costs for the 9 and 11 inch coils are the same.

£1400/$1874 this includes all taxes and postage.(next day delivery in most cases)

UK importer expecting their first delivery in early December from XP.

No pre-ordering.

I pre ordered with the 9" coil. I did this since most areas I detect are full of brush and undergrowth. Most finds I make are 8" or less depth. How deep do you think a 9" coil will be on the beach?

I am going to buy the II. TNsharpshooter was kind enough to lend me his Deus back in 2016 to compare with my Impact. I could not wrap my brain around the Deus VDI numbers. Everything was in a tight numbers group IN THE 70'S range from memory. My Impact and my Garret AT Pro and AT Max all have just about the same numbers and tones from iron to silver FWIW. The Deus was alien to me.

I think the new Deus and the new machine coming from Nokta will be killer detectors if I can stick with the learning curve of each.

I will never sell my Impact or my Garret machines. They each have a special place in my heart. I have found stuff with each that the others missed. I just hope adding the newest generation of Deus II and the new Nokta machine will fill my quiver to the max.

I was told by XP that they’ll start shipping to dealers in early December, and then out to customers around mid December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in time for Christmas, there's no way that wasn't planned. Ah well at least they'll be in people's hands this year. Looking forward to seeing what people on here think of them.

Just in time for Christmas, there's no way that wasn't planned. Ah well at least they'll be in people's hands this year. Looking forward to seeing what people on here think of them.

I can’t wait to try it out. I need another detector like a hole in the head but I have a sneaking suspicion that this one might be something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Same way with the new Nokta/Makro smf. Just in time for Christmas.
There's no way that was planned.

Did they say they are releasing before Christmas?
I know they have their Live Show coming up but I must have missed the release date.

Yep. Same way with the new Nokta/Makro smf. Just in time for Christmas.
There's no way that was planned.

Couldn't wait any longer so I pre-ordered today! Existing Deus will be my backup.

Very interested in this one. Can't wait for some of the reviews to come in from actual (and hopefully unbiased and honest) users. The price doesn't scare me but I do tend to over analyze any non-essential purchase over $20. I am very satisfied with my Equinox 800, but I don't have a modern tech backup detector. Based on the marketing hype I have seen from XP, having both the Equinox 800 and Deus 2 should cover about any situation that may come up. Which one becomes the backup??

Back
Top Bottom