Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 11-24-2021, 11:40 PM
Supporter

Default youtube video stars

Well we all should know the difference between serious metal detecting hobbyist and youtube stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS_M75P53ys

a .44 seconds he states that 5,000 confederate soldiers died in the Battle of Kennesaw mountain.

Hmm, it really was 800 confederates. Not to be too picky but maybe he should do some more research before his civil war metal detecting videos.

But hey, he has 200,000 viewers maybe not so observant or picky as I am about facts. With today's young people it seems that facts don't seem to matter much.

CTX3030 (just purchased), Nox 800 (sold), Steves CF shaft, 6" nox coil, Coiltek 10 x 5" Nox coil, Vanquish 440. Civil War research and relic hunting and coin hunting. Lake beach hunting, short wave listening (sold radio to pay for new CTX3030). US Army veteran. shout out to all veterans and patriots!

Old 11-24-2021, 11:54 PM

Donít know why people donít research the history. Thatís the fun part!

Silver $ club!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:14 AM
Elite Member

I think some people confuse "casualties" with "killed". Casualties includes killed, wounded, missing, and captured. 5,000 might be reasonable for casualties.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:13 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by DougF View post
I think some people confuse "casualties" with "killed". Casualties includes killed, wounded, missing, and captured. 5,000 might be reasonable for casualties.
I totally agree. and in my civil war research, they most often quote casualties and not as often list deaths in a battle. I guess to the Army the most important figures are casualties which effectively mean men who are of no longer use in the battle which is probably one of the main points in winning a battle.

Don't really mean to pick on that youtube metal detecting/scuba diving star, but some viewers may wrongly believe misinformation. Kind of a pet peeve with me.

CTX3030 (just purchased), Nox 800 (sold), Steves CF shaft, 6" nox coil, Coiltek 10 x 5" Nox coil, Vanquish 440. Civil War research and relic hunting and coin hunting. Lake beach hunting, short wave listening (sold radio to pay for new CTX3030). US Army veteran. shout out to all veterans and patriots!

Old 11-25-2021, 11:23 AM
Elite Member

On the flip side, it's wonderful to see young people embracing the hobby and caring.

Old 11-25-2021, 04:51 PM

MaxxKatt Quote
"I guess to the Army the most important figures are casualties which effectively mean men who are of no longer use in the battle which is probably one of the main points in winning a battle"

when I was in the Army they told us it's better to wound somebody cause it'd take 2 or more guys getting them out of there so I think MaxxKatt's right about that...