A Nice Morning Hunt

BOZ

My Dad finally secured a permission we have been trying to get for a few months now. The new permission was a Northeast GA home built in 1900. I picked him up and we were swinging by 10:30.

We split up and took different sides of the front yard and on my first pass along a fence that sits atop an old stone wall I hit a spill. 34 GW, 45 Mercury and a couple wheats (my first silver spill and my first merc ). This gives me 5 silvers FTY.

A few lines later I came to the edge of the yard, swung out to start another and at the end of my swing I get a tight mid tone. 1888 IHP, also a first and pre dates the home by 12 years. Later on I got another spill which gave me my first buffalo plus 2 more wheats.

I ended the day with 2 silvers, IHP, buff, and 9 wheats making this my best hunt of the year. I don't get out near as often as I'd like so this was an awesome hunt. We still have the backyard left too.

62fe24e3fade3129eb42349362d9100d.jpg
00703c8a37a435cf8a99e07b05dcc526.jpg
8e64bb2f8f39e9cd9065ad39828b0a5a.jpg
b4a62367c75aa7115185966faeefe20d.jpg
4eaedb333d18a044368c324b94b809fd.jpg
a2608da1500e09cdd05b5e52252c22ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I like the emerald green patina on the IH. And the "peekaboo" in-situ pix :cool3:

That one photo next to a white rock looks like it could be quartz!!! You may have raw gold nuggets around there!!!
Congrats on the coinsđź‘Ť

Congrats on a great hunt! That's a nice variety with a GW. Merc, Buffalo, and IHP - along with the wheats. Sounds like an awesome permission.
Thanks! I think the permission has more to give up.

That one photo next to a white rock looks like it could be quartz!!! You may have raw gold nuggets around there!!!

Congrats on the coins[emoji106]
I actually live in North Ga gold country.
Thanks!

Three firsts on one hunt, awesome. Congrats on the silver, Ihp, Buff , wheats and your best hunt so far. How did Dad do ? I would be itchin to get back there. Good luck, Mark

Three firsts on one hunt, awesome. Congrats on the silver, Ihp, Buff , wheats and your best hunt so far. How did Dad do ? I would be itchin to get back there. Good luck, Mark
Thanks Mark! He found a few nice relics. An ornate suspenders clip, a woman's watch and decorative bead. Also left with a handful of clad.

Back Yard

Way to go digging all those great coins. Let me suggest, after your done with the backyard, go over what your dad hunted and see if you can't come up with something he missed. I did that last week and got a merc, and that pissed off my dad. Well, he's not really my dad, but a good friend.

Back
Top Bottom