*Updated*Sent used DFX to Whites for service

metalwrkr

Well after being so happy about getting a good price on a used DFX, I had to send it in for service. It worked OK for a couple of months then went screwy after a beach hunt. I must have been hunting over the main power supply cable to a nearby island and the machine went crazy. I moved away from the effected area but had to do a master reset to keep the unit from spraying random VDIs all over the screen. It worked OK for a while then back to wild signals. The machine has become increasingly erratic to the point that no matter what coil or location it only works briefly then goes wacko. Called Whites and talked to Mary (a very nice Lady) and the consensus was to send it in. I was just getting the hang of it too...Rats! At any rate, Whites has a good repair program on used machines and I am looking forward to running a newly refurbished unit that I can have confidence in!!!

Mary is a pleasure to deal with:yes: I bought a used DFX and went ahead and had all sorts of stuff replaced at my request for peace of mind. Still wasn't a bad price I paid. I don't get scared buying used whites machines.

My xlt is in Oregon or on its way home. Whites called me a week ago to clarify the problem I was having. They have never called back for a credit card number. I guess they are giving me a freebie. I guess I'll know for sure if it shows up this week.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Great company!
I also have nothing but good to say about Whites! Nice people, and great customer service!

Agree about Whites service

I have always heard good things about Whites service! Just wish I didn't have to use it. I was beginning to like the machine. Found three rings already but not real valuable. Was really looking forward to using it in an iron infested area for minnie' balls when it finally went wonky. It is certainly a MUCH quieter machine than the ATPro! Maybe when I get it back reworked it will make a Whites believer out of me. I am also interested in the new pin pointer. Will probably get one to use along with my propointer. Will keep all posted on how it goes. HH

*Updated* Machine is fixed

Got my DFX back from Whites yesterday at slightly more than a week turnaround. Looks and runs brand new. Cost was $120 shipping, insurance included AND I found a new 950 coil in the box along with my old harmonic at no charge. Invoice was itemized and priced and all work is of course warranted. Overall a very positive experience and very pleasant people to deal with. I am eagerly awaiting the new Pin Pointer!!

Back
Top Bottom