White's MX Sport

MidTN

I'm new to the MX Sport and wanted to know if anybody else uses the Sport. I have a question about REJ VOL. Am I correct to assume if I select 30, while hunting in Relics Mode I will only hear 30% of my targets?

I just picked up an MX sport yesterday. I saw your question was answered on another forum. How are you liking the MXS so far? Im in Michigan so I won't be taking mine out at least till April.

MX Sport

I've had mine about three months. I use C&J and Relics mode the most and it can find coins like crazy. I'm older and the only issue I have is the weight. Overall it's a great machine the more I learn and use it.

MidTN said:
I'm new to the MX Sport and wanted to know if anybody else uses the Sport. I have a question about REJ VOL. Am I correct to assume if I select 30, while hunting in Relics Mode I will only hear 30% of my target?
Incorrect, but I believe that was answered elsewhere.

The Reject Volume is White's approach to what other manufacturers call Iron Volume ... but a different approach. For example, with my Nokta Relic or a Makro Racer 2, or a Nokta-Makro Anfibio Multi, you set your Discrimination to reject what you don't want to hear, let's say a setting of '03' or '05' on my models, and that rejects the audio of the ground and iron targets that are less conductive than Iron Nails. But at that setting it is Accepting Iron nails, so I can set my Iron Audio Volume level low, like a setting of '01' or '02' to be a lower audio Volume or Loudness.

On the White's MX Sport and MX-7, they use Rej. Vol. which almost accomplishes the same thing, except --- you can't reject lower ferrous targets and accept higher ferrous targets, and only hear higher ferrous targets and reduce the Volume. Instead, it does just what is says it will do, and ALL Rejected targets can be assigned a LOWER VOLUME. You either hear ALL rejected targets at anywhere from 10% to 70% of the full audio Volume/Loudness, or you can select '00' to turn off the Volume and NOT hear the rejected targets.

So your setting of '30' means the Iron and other Rejected targets will have a loudness about 30% of full-volume.

MidTN said:
I've had mine about three months. I use C&J and Relics mode the most and it can find coins like crazy. I'm older and the only issue I have is the weight. Overall it's a great machine the more I learn and use it.
I use the Coin & Jewelry program almost exclusively, and Accept the first segment below '0' on the VDI Discriminate scale.

All targets below that are Rejected, and I hunt with a Rej.Vol. setting of '10' to be able to hear the iron but keep the loudness at the lowest setting possible.

The MX-7 uses the same circuitry as the MX Sport, but I find it a much better balanced unit that is lighter weight and feels good. With my back / shoulder / arm and grip strength being impaired, I have had to go to lighter-weight detectors. I did pick up an MX Sport last spring, but I didn't like the heavier feel of it. The MX-7 is much more enjoyable to use, and I let the MX Sport go.

Just keep the rod at a shorter length to position the coil about 12"-18" in front of your leading toe, and perhaps use a smaller and lighter-weight search coil than the stock coil. It will reduce the weighty, nose-heavy feel at least somewhat.

Monte

Incorrect, but I believe that was answered elsewhere.

The Reject Volume is White's approach to what other manufacturers call Iron Volume ... but a different approach. For example, with my Nokta Relic or a Makro Racer 2, or a Nokta-Makro Anfibio Multi, you set your Discrimination to reject what you don't want to hear, let's say a setting of '03' or '05' on my models, and that rejects the audio of the ground and iron targets that are less conductive than Iron Nails. But at that setting it is Accepting Iron nails, so I can set my Iron Audio Volume level low, like a setting of '01' or '02' to be a lower audio Volume or Loudness.

On the White's MX Sport and MX-7, they use Rej. Vol. which almost accomplishes the same thing, except --- you can't reject lower ferrous targets and accept higher ferrous targets, and only hear higher ferrous targets and reduce the Volume. Instead, it does just what is says it will do, and ALL Rejected targets can be assigned a LOWER VOLUME. You either hear ALL rejected targets at anywhere from 10% to 70% of the full audio Volume/Loudness, or you can select '00' to turn off the Volume and NOT hear the rejected targets.

So your setting of '30' means the Iron and other Rejected targets will have a loudness about 30% of full-volume.

I use the Coin & Jewelry program almost exclusively, and Accept the first segment below '0' on the VDI Discriminate scale.

All targets below that are Rejected, and I hunt with a Rej.Vol. setting of '10' to be able to hear the iron but keep the loudness at the lowest setting possible.

The MX-7 uses the same circuitry as the MX Sport, but I find it a much better balanced unit that is lighter weight and feels good. With my back / shoulder / arm and grip strength being impaired, I have had to go to lighter-weight detectors. I did pick up an MX Sport last spring, but I didn't like the heavier feel of it. The MX-7 is much more enjoyable to use, and I let the MX Sport go.

Just keep the rod at a shorter length to position the coil about 12"-18" in front of your leading toe, and perhaps use a smaller and lighter-weight search coil than the stock coil. It will reduce the weighty, nose-heavy feel at least somewhat.

Monte

Thank you for the information.

Back
Top Bottom