Magnet Fishing find

SmugglersBlues

So today Nomad Sasquatch and I tried Magnet fishing. While we mostly just dragged rust and some junk out of a few rivers. I did find this strange mask. Which I will say is pretty damn creepy when it's looking up at you in the water. Any thoughts?

Does look Mardi grasish..perhaps theatrical..old time Rockettes...etc

Mr.Blues, I believe you may have found enough to maybe get you hooked a little bit into our Magnet fishing fun. Keep it up and report back. Boat docks and fishing piers are prime areas and around bridges. Old swimming holes also have produced. Keep up the good work.

Mr.Blues, I believe you may have found enough to maybe get you hooked a little bit into our Magnet fishing fun. Keep it up and report back. Boat docks and fishing piers are prime areas and around bridges. Old swimming holes also have produced. Keep up the good work.
I always liked scuba diving around those places. You never know what you will find.

Cliff

Cant wait for the warmer weather and kayaking and dragging the magnet see what I can come up with.

Strange thing is it is not metal my magnet wouldn't pick it up. I had to lean over the edge and pull it in with a stick lol and try not to fall in.

Has to be metal if he got it up with a magnet.

I think he found it while magnet fishing, but without the magnet. This find still puzzles me. Ill bet I've fished the river you found it in too :laughing:

Hi everyone. I did find it while magnet fishing however it is not metal. I was standing on the bridge and looked down and saw what I thought was a rock that looked like a face. To add to the "creepy" factor there were some dead fish around it. After climbing down the embankment I saw that it was not a rock and managed to fish it out with a stick. It may be brass as it does set off a pin pointer however I am not sure. I am going to try and bring it to an antique dealer and see if 1. It is even antique and 2. if they can ID it or point me in the right direction for an ID.

It's a Mardi Gras mask. The pinpointer is probably detecting some residual ornamental foil covering. It's probably ceramic or plastic.
Dead fish floating near it? This does sound like the beginning of a movie! No telling what kind of Jumanji portal you opened up now!

OK I got one more: What's it worth? Face value. :laughing:

Well tried one antique dealer and was referred to another. Funniest thing was I had it wrapped up in a small black towel. When I uncovered it the woman almost jumped backward. She referred me to another however he was closed when I got there. I'm going to try back though. I will let you know if I find out anything.

Back
Top Bottom