Minelab excalibur

The Excalibur is a very easy machine to learn. It is pretty much a beep and dig machine. There is no digital display so you have to learn what tones are associated with what targets. When I use mine I discrimate iron and dig all non ferrous items.

The Excalibur is also one of the best water detectors that is readily available IMO. I have found quite a few treasures with it and my fair share of trash too! LOL:laughing:

Easy to learn, difficult to master!
The tones have subtle differences and it takes awhile to get your ear used to them...

Very easy to learn. I run in all metal (Pin Point) and shift to discriminate to see if I want to dig. The secret is listening for those weak signals. Deep targets barely register. It is basically a beep and dig detector. But in time you will be able to know if it is a bottle cap.

Welcome to the forum. The Excal is not that difficult to operate but what you’re listening for is the size and shape of the target signals. How long the tone. Does it seem clipped when reporting back to you or is the tone long and drawn out. Is there a rough edge to the target tone as swing into it and swing out of it.
Learning these different TID sounds is what may be difficult for some. Good luck!

If this is your first ever detector, it will be a little challenging at first since there is no screen to look at or see a VDI. BUT, it does not take long to learn. Low and mid tones can be gold and nickels, higher tones are pennies, dimes, quarters and silver.

Have one and my Excal paid for itself in one season. Not year, season.
Contemplating selling it too, but am still up in the air about that one.
You'll love it, once you've figured it out. And that distinctive sound you'll love hearing over and over again.

For wading a salt water beach you would want to mount it on a long shaft to improve the balance. Go with a pin point mod to switch between all metal and discriminate mode. Over time the coil wire will rot away so the cure is to go with a larger aftermarket coil. The stock Koss headphones are weak and uncomfortable so you can upgrade the headphones. The battery can be upgraded to a RNB 3000 mah lithium battery.

Than you have a serious wading water hunter.

sell excal

Have one and my Excal paid for itself in one season. Not year, season.
Contemplating selling it too, but am still up in the air about that one.
You'll love it, once you've figured it out. And that distinctive sound you'll love hearing over and over again.

if you guarantee it to pay for its self in one season tell me your price if ya still have it

My Xcal paid for itself in one swing of the coil. But it took many thousands of swings to find that one swing. But two days later it did it again. But last week it make a few hundred swings and located one stinking quarter.

Back
Top Bottom