Permission Granted. Can't Wait!

vexhold

Elite Member
Stopped in at a church I have been wanting to hunt. Asked for the grounds keeper and was introduced. I asked him if it would be cool if my daughter and I could metal detect the church grounds. He ask how much digging I would be doing and I brought him outside for a demonstration. He was more than ok with it, but told me I would have to talk to the lady that ran the church. He also told me that he would put a good word in for me.

Later that night, I emailed the lady as instructed, and a few minutes later got a response. I was shaking when opening it. It read:

Dear Casey & Madison-

Thank you for asking. Yes, you have permission to enjoy your hobby of metal detecting on the church grounds here at ****** Church in ****.

I have cc'd this message to Fr. Jay as well, as he is pastor and am sure he will approve - right Fr. Jay?

Have a good day-

Patti

The reason I am excited is the history.

The original church was built in 1856. It was torn down and rebuilt in 1908. The second church got struck by lightning in 1913 and burned down to the rock walls. The third and final church (which is standing today), was built in 1914.

Beyond that, what maes this actual location really cool, is the bar across the street. Before it was a bar, it was the post office/general store. It was the only one that lay between two of the largest towns back in the 1800's people would make the couple day ride to get supplies and always stop at this location as it was the halfway point.

I am hoping to be able to post some really cool finds soon!

Back
Top Bottom