Ace 250 on the beach?

Chris819

I was wondering if I can use my Ace 250 on the beach? I will be going 2 OC MD in October and was wondering if I should bring my detector. Someone told me I could use it on dry sand. Has anyone had luck using the Ace on the beach. Thanks for the help

It will work fine in the dry sand. It will false like crazy in the wet sand. Now you need to work on getting a sand scoop.

I use mine in dry sand no problem. My sand scoop is a plastic beer pitcher that I bought for .99 and drilled full of holes. Works great!
Larry

Yep. Have 2 250s and have found tons of stuff including coins, toys and anything metallic. I put an Ultimate 13" coil on one which really opened up the potential by expanding the width and breadth of each swing but at nearly $200 you may want to spend the bucks on a scoop or Pro Pointer instead....
Have fun and remember the sunscreen! :cool:

Mine does fine in the wet sand, I notch out the iron and avoid bouncing the coil on the sand and have little falsing with the sensitivity all the way up

I've used mine in both the dry and wet with good results, including my oldest US coin (a 1785 nova constellatio) from the wet. Take it along -- what have you got to lose? :grin:

Foiled

I used mine in both dry and wet. The coil can touch the dry sand but will false when it touches the wet sand.

Back
Top Bottom