Finding Local Beaches

vexhold

Elite Member
OK, I am finding out that living in the land of 10,000 lakes is gonna be hard.

All I am trying to do is build a list of local public beaches.

I have been scouring the internet, but it is like they are a guarded secret. I even tried using satelite view in google maps, but thats not working either.

Sure, I get a few of the top beaches, but c'mon, show me the goods!

Anyone have any tricks to finding beaches without driving to every lake and physically looking?

Try your local parks and recreation department. As if they have a list or a website with a list for you.

Yeah, checked there. Here is the message I found...

Because Minnesota has over 15,000 lakes, there is no single list of public beaches and recreational waters. These sites may help you locate a beach in your area.

And the links are where I found about 6 of the top beaches in the twin cities area. all the other links were for locations hundreds of miles away.

And THERE'S the Secret!

..Anyone have any tricks to finding beaches without driving to every lake and physically looking?

Nope.

That is the "secret." There is no secret, or magic way to find the best anything. It takes personal effort, hard work, time and experience to find those beaches.

Put your detector and equipment in the car and start making road trips. That very first beach will provide you with your first real secret treasure - the Start of your quest! Good luck and Big Gold! :cool:

Lol Terry. Nice.

I feel like I just climbed the mountain and asked confuscious a question and got a really deep answer.

Yes, I know I'll end up "questing" and manually searching them out. Was just hoping there was a known tool out there like tripadvisor or something that could point me in the right direction.

Oh well.

Google county parks for your state here is mine:

http://www.micountyparks.org/

Hopefully you have a similar site where you can put in your zip code and get results like this.
These don't include township or city parks though.

Good luck, there are 10,000 lakes in MI too so I feel your pain. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom