• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

President's Day bust... :(

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
I thought for SURE, I was going to get some gold today. Nope!

Found four more rings, and $13.53 in USD, and $2 Peso. One of the junk rungs (all were junk) was UGLY. LOL

Wish there was something interesting about the hunt... but just a lot of digging. Pulled two dollar coins though. Those always make me happy. It's like finding a coin spill. ;0)

EDIT: Well, there was something to celebrate. I cleared $100 in clad already for the year. (keeping track in my signature).

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 419
Wow. They didn't lose that ring. They tossed it. Nice finds though. May I ask??? What type of hunt was this? Curb, field, park, beach, or private property? Maybe, other? If so, please explain... Thanks

At least you got out! I haven't been hunting for a while, you know life and such!
Nice job on the clad!

Wow. They didn't lose that ring. They tossed it.

HAHAH!!!

Nice finds though. May I ask??? What type of hunt was this? Curb, field, park, beach, or private property? Maybe, other? If so, please explain... Thanks

I only hunt parks and schools. This was a bit of both. Hit a Jr. High, an Elementary School, then another Elementary School, and finally an adjoining park.

All for about 1 hour each.

Cheers,

Skippy

Turn that clad into silver. Every hundred bucks I'd order me some

I used to do that, but lately, I've been turning it into Ancient Oil Lamps from the Holy Land. I like to collect different things. I buy about 10 ounces of silver a year, mostly for my jewelry hobby (I melt it down and make stuff), but about 5 ounces typically sticks around. :)

Cheers!

Skippy

At least you got out! I haven't been hunting for a while, you know life and such!
Nice job on the clad!

There is that. It was dang cold in the morning (around 21 degrees), but warmed up to almost 40 by the afternoon!

Was glad to not be digging in frozen ground, too (only about 1/8 of an inch to 1/4 inch was "tundra," yesterday.)

I'm always happy with a healthy haul like that. Your junker ring count is rising, so you KNOW you are getting closer to gold.
I'm calling that ugly one "Bay Window Bling"
Enjoy your climate. The "Tundra" layer here is probably around three or four feet!

Darn those junk ring! <shakes fist> Neat idea to keep your coin count in signature! I haven't cleaned our counted most of my 2018 coins yet :( UGH Just don't feel like it :(

Darn those junk ring! <shakes fist> Neat idea to keep your coin count in signature! I haven't cleaned our counted most of my 2018 coins yet :( UGH Just don't feel like it :(

Yeah, I stopped counting about half-way through the year in 2018... figured i needed a better way to keep track. Doing it every hunt, and updating the stats has been kind of fun!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom