My Dad skunked me.

GeorgiaCody

Went back to a spot that I found a few CW period bullets, took my Dad with me. (He hasn't hunted in 2 years) well.... I found nothing... at all, but the "Ol' Vet" proved experience beat beginner's luck today.

Dropped Enfield
musket ball that has been chewed on
Silver cuff-link with "T" initial
Women's heel tap

Well the enfield gives me a lot more hope that a confederate button is hiding in the area.
cae2ba3652bd326d4ee3e5a20f638c0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Father knows best! LOL!
Seriously, some of my best memories is detecting with my son, don't matter what we find, just enjoy the time together. Glad top see you guys are doing the same.

Thanks, and always, he got me interested in this awesome hobby and the history that comes along with it and time spent with him is wonderful regardless of what comes out the ground.

Do you know the age of that heel tap, or heel taps in general? I've found a few of those at some of my oldest sites down south.

Went back to a spot that I found a few CW period bullets, took my Dad with me. (He hasn't hunted in 2 years) well.... I found nothing... at all, but the "Ol' Vet" proved experience beat beginner's luck today.

Dropped Enfield
musket ball that has been chewed on
Silver cuff-link with "T" initial
Women's heel tap

Well the enfield gives me a lot more hope that a confederate button is hiding in the area.
cae2ba3652bd326d4ee3e5a20f638c0d.jpg

Rf1, all I have to go off of is what my Dad has always said, (typically he is right haha)

But rather broad window from mid 1700's to early-mid 1800's. I'm pretty sure he is basing that off the relevant age of the other things found in the area. He finds them in the same area that he always finds colonial flat buttons it seems.

Back
Top Bottom