A new yard . Updated

VA-REB

Forum Supporter
I got permission to do another neighbor's yard in the area I've been working. The land owner told me that a friend of his had been over it quite a few times, but that I was very welcome. Did manage a couple of keepers including one I've been waiting to dig another of--the 69 cal. Also got another bullet that has been very nicely mushroomed. I had 2 general services eagle buttons, but, as I was looking at the first one I dug, the top of it just disintegrated right before my eyes, so I have one button back and one eagle button. I had to work pretty hard for these few but it felt pretty good to get out and dig something.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 792
Very nice, especially since you knew the hunting would be more difficult!

Congrats on some cool finds, man! Too bad about the button going to dust on you. That mushroomed Minnie is a classic dead center hit

Thanks, everyone. I went back to the yard. Still slow going but managed a few more keepers. Another 69 cal, an eagle button and 2 eagle cuff buttons.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 7.jpg
    FullSizeRender 7.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 556
Went back out for about 4 hours early this morning, until it got too hot. A few more bullets. According to Turtlefoot's database, the shotgun head stamp is from 1915-1937.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 497
Back out for about 3 hours today. Still slow going. But still getting something.
Scoville Mfg, Co, Waterbury backmark on the eagle button. The house across from this one has a back yard that looks very very nice. Maybe time to get an introduction to the across the street neighbors.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2 2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 308
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 403
Nice! That's and early war eagle button, it has the earlier type back mark. It looks to have some gold gilt on it too. It may clean up a bit more with an ammonia bath. Good luck on the neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom