Fall 2015 JGD relic Hunt signups are underway.

James yall put on a good show. For those who have Cw spots its a great place to meet a lot of new friends and some great relics, for those who always wanted to dig Cw relics its a great opportunity and a mellow atmosphere without all the madnesses of other group digs. If you ever wanted to dig with relic bob or talk to Aqua chigger you might get a chance. Last time there were great prizes and food, and some nice Yankees too JK. I personally don't like group digs but went last time to meet some friendly forum members.... I found it was a great time and most likely will be there again if just to mingle.! See us there!

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself Joe!

It is a great time and I look forward to seeing everyone again

Super excited! Looking forward to finally getting together with everyone. Already planning the trip!

James yall put on a good show. For those who have Cw spots its a great place to meet a lot of new friends and some great relics, for those who always wanted to dig Cw relics its a great opportunity and a mellow atmosphere without all the madnesses of other group digs. If you ever wanted to dig with relic bob or talk to Aqua chigger you might get a chance. Last time there were great prizes and food, and some nice Yankees too JK. I personally don't like group digs but went last time to meet some friendly forum members.... I found it was a great time and most likely will be there again if just to mingle.! See us there!

We enjoyed meeting you Joe and we will be down for the fall hunt also.

I'm signed up and super excited about the hunt...I am, however, concerned about how my AT Pro might perform there.

Hunting in hotter soil with most any VLf requires a different approach. Basically don't rely on discrimination, numbers and good signals.
Once your in an area that is producing slow down and dig most every signal untill you figure out what the detector is telling you. Ground balance often and dig lots of targets ;)

Is camping allowed or do you have to stay offsite each night? Thanks, looks like it will be a lot of fun. -Jeremy

I went to the spring hunt that James put on and must say it exceeded my expectations. Well organized and lots of good finds.

It may be a possibility- however, the hunt is first weekend of dec=cool nights.

My hunting buds and I would also be interested in camping out. Cold isn't a problem as long as we can have a campfire. We've been snowed in on a mountain in January during a snow & ice storm at about 15 degrees with trees icing up and snapping/falling down all around us. Not smart I know, but a good time! Had to get the rescue squad to clear the path so we could get back out to the main rd. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Attachments

• user21321_pic42495_1355581529.jpg
    user21321_pic42495_1355581529.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 238
I'm excited about the opportunity. It will be my first group hunt of this nature. Looking forward to meeting fellow forum members face to face as well.

I'm excited about the opportunity. It will be my first group hunt of this nature. Looking forward to meeting fellow forum members face to face as well.
Detect right there on the river in mechnicsburg too we used to pull 3 ringers in the river... Just sayin I lived in HBG for a few years... There was a union camp in Columbia PA but we never found it...hope to see ha there.

is this still open I would love to get in on this>

Sign ups are closed for this one. They have an alternate list, but it may be too late for that as well. They usually have one every spring & fall. Check out the site & watch for the next one.

Sign ups are closed for this one. They have an alternate list, but it may be too late for that as well. They usually have one every spring & fall. Check out the site & watch for the next one.

Thank you, appreciate the information, I was excited to see this as I live 40 minutes from there and I am trying to start learning the ropes with hunting for CW relics

Back
Top Bottom