One hour for one bullet

kmad515

With a busy weekend of family activities and fireworks I found some time to get out on Friday morning. I decided on a church property which has been the location of this particular church since before the Civil War. I had one of my best finds at this location last year after securing permission, a Georgia Military Institute button but have only gotten back there once since. I started by finding a '59 memorial penny, lots of trash, then a small piece of lead that I'm still not sure what it is. After about 45 minutes, an older gentlemen on a bike stopped to chat. As I'm digging a plug he asks me if I've ever found any Civil War bullets at this site. I told him no then reached in the hole with my pinpointer, located the object, then pulled out what ended up being a .58 cal 3 ringer. I just laughed and told him to come closer and dropped it in his hand. After chatting for a few more minutes I returned to detecting and found what looks like an old door latch striker before the sky unleashed a wicked T-Storm. Though the storm stopped me in my tracks, I was happy with the fact that I ended up with a nice find and didn't get skunked. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150705_11315.jpg
    IMG_20150705_11315.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20150705_4879.jpg
    IMG_20150705_4879.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 252
Back
Top Bottom