US Air Force Button Spill

RecoverinRelics

Hi everyone-

Well I haven't posted in a while but have been detecting plenty. About a month ago I purchased the Whites MXT and I couldn't be happier with it. Been finding some real cool stuff and it is amazing how much lower end detectors can miss.

Anyways, since I'm in school I can't hunt as much as I'd like to, so I do most of my digging on weekends. This week I'm on vacations so I've got all week! Here is a video I made of some of my hunts from late January to early February...

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffANOSksYGk

And here are the finds I made over the last month or so...

M1430005.JPG

First wheat cent of the year was found in my back yard. Turned out to be from 1920.

M1430018.JPG

I found this small 2-piece button in my back yard as well. I'm not exactly sure what it is or how old it is either. A cool find though.

M1440007.JPG

Another button was found in my front yard. This is just an old button off of a blazer jacket dating probably to the 1950's.

M1440012.JPG

This was a real heart-stopper. When I saw this come out of the ground I was SURE it was silver. Sadly, it is not. :( Still a cool find though. Has "Michael" engraved on the front.

M1460004.JPG

A nice silver-plated fork found in the back yard.

Ok, so it was February 5th and I was metal detecting in my front yard. I got a nice signal, and at about 9 inches deep, I pulled out a nice looking button.

M1480001.JPG

So I thought, "that's a cool find" and was about to fill the hole back in, but I stuck the Garrett Pro Pointer down in the hole and got another signal. Out popped button #2.

M1480006.JPG

...Then #3!!

.....AND THEN #4!!!!! Yes I found 4 buttons in the same hole!!

M1480014.JPG

These buttons turned out to be United States Air Force buttons dating back to the late 1940's. Awesome!

I had a few good hunts with the MXT and I've got a couple more posts coming very soon with some more awesome finds.

Thanks for lookin' everyone. GL & HH.

-RR

nice video as usual Ryan! your voice has gotten a lot deeper since your 1st video.sweet hunts right in your own yard.have ya been to the 1600's home yet with the MXT? try that brass brush on the Scovill's buttons and watch how nice they come out! ;) Congrats dude!

How'd you date them to the late 40's? I'm guessing type of back + possibly back mark? The Air Force was only around for 3 years of the 40s...

Military buttons are always such a cool find :yes:

nice video as usual Ryan! your voice has gotten a lot deeper since your 1st video.sweet hunts right in your own yard.have ya been to the 1600's home yet with the MXT? try that brass brush on the Scovill's buttons and watch how nice they come out! ;) Congrats dude!

Thanks! I have been hunting the 1600's site the past few days and I've been finding some nice stuff! I'll post my finds at the end of the week. Surprised how much I missed with the other detectors.

How'd you date them to the late 40's? I'm guessing type of back + possibly back mark? The Air Force was only around for 3 years of the 40s...

Military buttons are always such a cool find :yes:

Yep, the backmark. I know, I love finding military buttons. I've found Marine pins and buttons in my yard but this is the first Air Force button.

Back
Top Bottom