Wabasso beach gives up gold!

diggerdan

Took my long dreamt trip down to the treasure coast. First beach-wabasso. Now I know nobody thinks it's their "secret spot", especially after a hurricane and big surf. So I don't mind saying openly what beach I found it on. Forgive me to the locals for any further glorification. Not sure where the other dozen or so pirates I saw were from, but for a Wednesday I figured it was a decent crowd. I bet the weekend past was insanity. Anyways got this gold cross, 18k, literally in the tracks of a couple that were detecting in front of me, he had large coil, she a small. Not the kind of gold I'd hoped for, but I didn't come home empty handed. It was literally 1of 5 targets in an hour. Took off stopping at accesses to the north for 30-45 minutes at a time until the tide came up too high to hunt. A couple of crossover walkways were closed due to damage from the storm. Notably bonsteele, where I had high hopes but no access. 1piece of lead,, maybe ten pieces of canslaw, two pennies, two dimes, and chunk of iron. Put 500+miles on my truck today, had a blast!

Attachments

• IMG_4256.jpg
    IMG_4256.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,254
  • IMG_4254.jpg
    IMG_4254.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,166
Hey! Great find there on your bounce dive in after the Storm! I like how you were smokejumping from access to access too...Everybody needs to take a big adventure like that once in a while!
Mud

:dingding: Congrats on getting something worthwhile. It may not be the dream find you were hoping for but...

No secret about Wabasso. Nice find, considering the place has been crawling with detectorists since the storm. My buddy found 15 (yes 15. I saw them.)half and 1 reales at one of those northern accesses you mentioned.

I know the targets there are few and far between but you got lucky! Nice catch in the right place at the right time. All the targets that people are getting are either light or flat like your cross. When the rings are too deep those flat items and aluminum are present. Being that you got 5 targets in an hours shows the hunting is poor. Nice adventure though, glad you scored!

Back
Top Bottom