A Little Gold (with the CZ 21)

Top-USMC

Forum Supporter
Only 1.7 grams marked AURUS 750. But still, it's gold. Also engraved "04-04-16" so I'm sure there was some drama around the loss.

Anyway, this is only the fourth time I have had a chance to get the CZ out onto the beach. Just wet sand today for 1.5 hours. I need to get rid of this cold before I can put in more hours.

Since I have severe COPD my colds turn into pneumonia quickly, like it did in August when I hunted the first three times with the CZ. :-( I had to promise not to over do it this time.

Anyway, 2 gold rings in four hunts (9 hours total) isn't too bad. I didn't find any gold in 61.75 hours with the Bounty Hunter SS II.

My targets per hour is only 16.44 right now. I hope to get back up close to 30 again once I learn more about using the CZ. I sure got practice with double-beeps today. :-) I probably will not dig them anymore. Nothing besides bent wire seems to sound quite like that. See the left side of the targets photo. The two coins are R$1.00 They sound a lot like a pulltab.

Cheers,

Attachments

• 20161012_ring.jpg
    20161012_ring.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 20161012_finds.jpg
    20161012_finds.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 364
you have the CZ21 setup pretty good if you're finding those !

Good to know about the setup. It was in about 6 inches of wet sand. IBoth of those short pieces of wire were at about 8 inches, maybe a bit more. I can run the GB at 10 and the SENS at 8 without much chatter. I get a few falses at the end of some swings but it only took a little while to get used to those.

Hey Top! 2 golds in 4 hunts is right on the money track! Are you hip or chest mounting that CZ control box? Theres also a site called "The Golden Olde" written by a guy named Norm Garnush...Its all about hunting beaches with a CZ...That guy wrote a lot of informative stories you may find entertaining or helpful...Good work1
Mud

Hey Top! 2 golds in 4 hunts is right on the money track! Are you hip or chest mounting that CZ control box? Theres also a site called "The Golden Olde" written by a guy named Norm Garnush...Its all about hunting beaches with a CZ...That guy wrote a lot of informative stories you may find entertaining or helpful...Good work1
Mud

Thanks Mud.

The first hunt I used the chest mount. But now I am using the rear shaft mount [1] which helps a lot with the balance though the weight is still on the shaft. But the overall comfort in hunting is better than chest or hip mounting IMHO.

I can atest to the Golden Olde site being very helpful. There is also anoter forum that has a CZ spcific area that is useful. Maybe most help is Ray Pastore's (adamBomb) book on beach hunting with the CZ 21.

Of course I have received a ton of great advice on this forum as well.

BTW: Always enjoy the humor/sarcasm in your stories.

[1] https://goo.gl/PuKQaz

:dingding: If you're getting a small gold like that you're doing very well Tim! Interesting comment on opting for the rear mount. I just can't get away from chest mounting.

:dingding: If you're getting a small gold like that you're doing very well Tim! Interesting comment on opting for the rear mount. I just can't get away from chest mounting.

Thanks Felix.

As you know I tried the chest mount the day I hunted with you in Miami. But after putting on the rear shaft mount I found that it makes manipulating the detector more natural. Maybe I didn't give the chest mount enough time for me to get used to it?

Anyway, it is good for the forearms to swing that weight. ;)

Gold is gold, congrats! Sounds like you've got your settings dialed in too. I wish I could find a gold ring right now...I keep finding iPhones - 4 in the last month or so.

Gold is gold, congrats! Sounds like you've got your settings dialed in too. I wish I could find a gold ring right now...I keep finding iPhones - 4 in the last month or so.

Thanks for your book, it helped a lot with settings AND how to hunt with the CZ. If you can't get a reward from the original owner, those phones will fetch a few dollars in one of those recycling machines https://goo.gl/wvvaQI.

Back
Top Bottom