• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Two Short Morning Hunts

scott.f

Elite Member
Got out early the past two mornings with my Dual Field Pi. I was concentrating on checking out a low spot that I had noticed on a walk earlier in the week. Not a lot found but it did pay off with more targets that I normally get, including a couple of rings.

Here's the best of it....
30199098531_fdf4150d7a_b.jpg

and a link to the video..
Two Short Hunts

HH all!

Nice rescues. I enjoyed the video. I must admit that the camera on the scoop handle provides a strange sense of motion, or lack thereof during the find.

Got out early the past two mornings with my Dual Field Pi. I was concentrating on checking out a low spot that I had noticed on a walk earlier in the week. Not a lot found but it did pay off with more targets that I normally get, including a couple of rings.

Here's the best of it....
30199098531_fdf4150d7a_b.jpg

and a link to the video..
Two Short Hunts

HH all!
congrats Im going to add a PI to my aresenal I currently have a mx sport and its great on wet sand or fresh water , but not for in salt water have to turn it down. was thinking the sand shark or the dual field which one do you like better?

congrats Im going to add a PI to my aresenal I currently have a mx sport and its great on wet sand or fresh water , but not for in salt water have to turn it down. was thinking the sand shark or the dual field which one do you like better?

I love the Sand Shark for ease of use but the Dual Field is almost as easy to set up and has a much larger standard coil which is great on deep sand beaches. The Sand Shark also falses when the coil connector at the box is at water level. It isn't a big deal as you simply have to hold the control box above or below the water level. Just a bit of a nuisance.

I have come to love my Dual Field over the Sand Shark for those two reasons but I think the Tesoro has a stronger build quality and certainly a super warranty. I would consider one with the 10" coil if I had to replace my Dual Field. But it would be a tough choice.

Hope that helps...

I love the Sand Shark for ease of use but the Dual Field is almost as easy to set up and has a much larger standard coil which is great on deep sand beaches. The Sand Shark also falses when the coil connector at the box is at water level. It isn't a big deal as you simply have to hold the control box above or below the water level. Just a bit of a nuisance.

I have come to love my Dual Field over the Sand Shark for those two reasons but I think the Tesoro has a stronger build quality and certainly a super warranty. I would consider one with the 10" coil if I had to replace my Dual Field. But it would be a tough choice.

Hope that helps...
great info , thanks for the help sounds like both decent machines , now just gotta keep saving up the funds

Back
Top Bottom