Got a nice Ticket today!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Up early and down to the Big Water in the dark...Noticed a few things, one, there was the first frost of the season. :mad: Second, the waves were big and close together and hitting from the quarter....I stood there and looked at the unhuntable conditions in the gloaming predawn, had a smoke, didnt even turn on my rig, and decided to go try another nearby spot I know..small, inland, and sheltered.

Its a place FULL of junk! (Ronin's 'BigRed' kind of junk) Cables, iron scraps, nails, busted glass, capsNtabs galore, nails, pins and bolts, hot bricks, just a mad cacophany of signals, so I thought I'd give it a quick go and see if anything new washed out of the bank and try out my New Thunder coil in this mess for an experiment...

Now, let me say, I've hunted this place easily 100 times before, going on 5yrs. I pulled my first silver spoon, mercs, rosies, bottles, silver rings and bracelets, one nice gold ring, probably $30 in clad easily, lots of brass, copper, hell, even a part of a really cool carved marble tombstone that the Wife just loves, a great big cast iron wheel with a bronze insert, a large chunk of anthracite from the steamship days...(see pics)

Its at the end of a no account dead end road posted heavily with "No Parking" signs....I figured its to keep out Hippies from starting a late night bonfire or a drum circle, skinny dipping, smoking reefers, guitar playing, devil worshipping, star gazing, dredlocking, playing hackysack, reciting poetry, and whatever other foolishness Hippies tend to do in trashy dead end places that they feel groovy and comfortable in.....

Well, I was only there about 1/2hr, pulled two clad Q's and a couple of pennies, made it back to Rosie with my experiment a success, and I WILL just be damned! Theres a ticket! $15!:mad: ...My last ticket of any sort was in 1987 for going 42 mph in a 35 zone out in Keystone SD...I was so mad! What kind of decent cop would be out here at this time of the morning?!

I sort of settled down on the drive home, thinking "Hey, I've been parking here for free and pulling good loot out of this place, so I had it coming I guess"...chocked it off to 'Pay the Gate' ancient trespassing parameters, bad timing, moon phase sequence, etc....So I'll just write a check and be glad I didnt get towed right?...

Then I remembered all the coffee cans of rotten 'Felix Pennies' I have sitting around here out in the garage for some sort of 'special purpose', and got to thinking again...advice?...:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• ticket.jpg
    ticket.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 688
  • stone2.jpg
    stone2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
Well aint that a kick in the taint? Like you said though, you got away with it thus far, time to pay up...lol

All good, congrats on your rosie dime, I mean you found SILVER, so there IS a silver lining to your story. :D

Mail those pennies in! Write them a lil note that says, times are tough so you scraped together what you could out of that ol' park to pay the fine! Enclose all the junk you pulled out as well, and tell them that's their tip!

Did you stop at the donut store before hunting this morning? He probably smelled you and followed. :laughing:

"Nice ticket"? I was thinking you found an eyeball find of a football game ticket, or perhaps a concert ticket laying on the ground :laughing:

Dang, that really stinks! I sure hope that officer doesn't lose his wedding band and asks you to find it for him, or her. If so, charge him $30 :laughing:

Well aint that a kick in the taint? Like you said though, you got away with it thus far, time to pay up...lol

All good, congrats on your rosie dime, I mean you found SILVER, so there IS a silver lining to your story. :D

I know right NectarDee? Luckily, that kick was in the exact location where my waders are leaking, so I was numb...Funny thing, when I got home, I showed the ticket to my Wife, and she was mad at ME! I said WTH? You are kidding right? One little ticket in the past 30yrs? Wheres that damned gold bracelet you took from me!:laughing:
Mud

I know right NectarDee? Luckily, that kick was in the exact location where my waders are leaking, so I was numb...Funny thing, when I got home, I showed the ticket to my Wife, and she was mad at ME! I said WTH? You are kidding right? One little ticket in the past 30yrs? Wheres that damned gold bracelet you took from me!:laughing:
Mud

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hmmm I wouldnt pay in rotten pennies thats just asking for trouble.

Good Advice Troy!...I'm gonna slink away quietly like normal, write a proper check, and make this $15 up on empty cans by the end of the week!....Most all of the cops that run this stretch know me and what I drive...It had to have been a noobie bucking for a promotion...Been there myself...I got off light in the scheme of things...

I dont see much fun in being a real anal aperture and dumping a load of rotten Felixs on the desk of some poor innocent clerk down at the City Hall...In true Pirate fashion I'll get even with this specific cop though...the poor btard has no idea what calamity is fixing to descend upon him...I'm sure he will chock it up to just dumb luck as he should...I betcha he will always wonder about how exactly did that live damn raccoon get inside his squaddie that one day...:laughing:
Mud

Last edited:
:laughing: Figures, huh!

Mud

Good Advice Troy!...I'm gonna slink away quietly like normal, write a proper check, and make this $15 up on empty cans by the end of the week!....Most all of the cops that run this stretch know me and what I drive...It had to have been a noobie bucking for a promotion...Been there myself...I got off light in the scheme of things...

I dont see much fun in being a real anal aperture and dumping a load of rotten Felixs on the desk of some poor innocent clerk down at the City Hall...In true Pirate fashion I'll get even with this specific cop though...the poor btard has no idea what calamity is fixing to descend upon him...I'm sure he will chock it up to just dumb luck as he should...I betcha he will always wonder about how exactly did that live damn raccoon get inside his squaddie that one day...:laughing:
Mud

Lol I'd hate for you to end up in the hot water. Seen people do similar (online) before the results ended badly.

sorry to hear about the ticket and wading through that much trash. maybe when you pay the ticket, include your bill to the city for cleaning up the garbage! ;)

I agree, they do not have to accept them, and probably will not...just fyi

and why is that? penny's are legal tender, in fact they still are here too. i paid a p/t last year with change. they started to tell me they couldn't take penny's, but i did remind them that they are indeed legal tender. in a snotty tone they said ok, but they'll have to be rolled. i rolled them that night and remitted them the following day, lol.

Maybe put a sign like this in your vehicle window just in case it might make them think twice before writing a ticket.
It does NOT say you are anything "official" so they can't claim you're impersonating any official.

You ARE the "public" and you do collect and remove debris :laughing::laughing::laughing:
signdebrisunit.jpg

I'm pretty good at being invisible, avoiding trouble or talking/fighting my way out of it etc...Aside from that one time I got married, my track record of avoiding danger and lucky premonitions has served me well and I should trust them by now....

I did have a strong Spidey Sense feeling about this mornings parking adventure at this posted place, so I'm sort of more mad at myself for not heeding what has been a good 6th sense warning for all these years...I just brushed it aside and disregarded it like any common stupid Hippy would...Thats not like Me at all! Unless I start hunting Burning Man festivals I guess....

Perhaps I should wash my gear and my car too?..Maybe peel off that 'CoExist' and 'Al Gore' bumper sticker? Maybe burn some sage grass on the cadillac converter to protect me from the random ambient ride around free hunting Regulating .Gov reprobates? Maybe hang a crystal or a dream catcher from the mirror for good luck? Maybe just squirt bottled deer wiz on my shoes? You know, like the deer hunter guys do?

I must smell/look like a stinking Hippy and thats what pulled that cop in here I figure...I'm locked high and tight for a while now!...I bet I can go another 30yrs with no trouble, by then, I bet I'll have $50k of Felix's saved up!...:laughing:
Mud

Last edited:
I will be so proud of you if you have $15 in Felix pennies and even prouder if you pay your ticket with them. THAT would be epic!:yes:

Mud

Take a link off that bracelet to pay the fine...

You got off beyond easy. Here parking tickets average about 70$ and keep going up. Heck your lucky to find parking around here for 15 or less on a lot of our "public" places..

You got off beyond easy. Here parking tickets average about 70$ and keep going up. Heck your lucky to find parking around here for 15 or less on a lot of our "public" places..

Wow OSP! Parking tickets and/or fees are that much? A clad Quarter must be worth an Eastern dollar out there in California! ...I can imagine parking at the nearest free zone and riding a bicycle on in! Damn!
Mud

Back
Top Bottom