Deteknix beware!!

Tbrom

I bought an x pointer and it worked great for a month before the on off button started to stick. I emailed the rep in California and he sent me new buttons and a cap. This didn't work. So i send it back and the refuse to do anything but offer 20% of on a new one. I was told there was. Crack in the housing that voids the warranty. I have been contacting them since the pinpointer was only a month old. Never again I have learned my lesson. Try and save a couple bucks and it costs more in the long run.

I bought an x pointer and it worked great for a month before the on off button started to stick. I emailed th rep in California and he sent me new buttons and a cap. This didnt work. So i send it back and the refuse to do anything but offer 20% of on a new one. I was told there was. Crack in the housi g that voids the warrenty. I have been contacti g them since the pinpointer was only a month old. Nevere again I have learned my lesson. Try and save a couple bucks and it costs more in the long run. :grin

Man that sucks, sorry to hear about your pp. I have an xpointer too, and so far its been awesome. Its disheartening to hear they arent standing behind their product warranty and making things right. Are they claiming the crack in the housing is from abuse and therefore voids warranty? Maybe you should email Deteknix directly and let them know.

Some warranties only cover manufacturer defects, basically if you use it, it works, and you don't notice any issue, they aren't required to do anything. Not all companies inflate prices, to cover fantastic customer service, like I got on my Garrett ProPointer, which failed in the same manner as the first, now sits useless in a drawer...

Mine cracked as well after only 1 season. It cracked right where the plastic threads are for the battery cover. I taped it up with electrical tape, and it still works, but I have moved on to a Nokta pointer. Never did try to get it repaired under warranty.... I figured it would be more trouble than it was worth.

I have all so heard that the new Quest and there diamond digger. Are having issues. And Deteknix is not honoring or repairing there products. I know that I will not buy anything Deteknix makes.

They replaced it.

Great News

Deteknix products (Pointers) have not experienced or even come close to the problems Garrett are having with their pointers - Definitely a welcome product here as you could imagine. Shipping a problem pointer to the US and back is a very expensive and time consuming event ->>>

Great News

Deteknix products (Pointers) have not experienced or even come close to the problems Garrett are having with their pointers - Definitely a welcome product here as you could imagine. Shipping a problem pointer to the US and back is a very expensive and time consuming event ->>>

I would imagine that the millions of Garrett sales vs the low number of Deteknix would account for that difference. I believe the difference is that many have chosen to return for dealer refund rather that fight the loosing battle of trying the current Deteknix repair system without a resolution. I know I did. They definitely have had and are having problems.

I would imagine that the millions of Garrett sales vs the low number of Deteknix would account for that difference. I believe the difference is that many have chosen to return for dealer refund rather that fight the loosing battle of trying the current Deteknix repair system without a resolution. I know I did. They definitely have had and are having problems.

There have been MANY problems from this company's products and their warranty service since the beginning. Many owners like the products when they work, but eventually give up for other brands do to constant breakdowns and hassles.

As a new start up company within the US, China based. First off there are some cultural differences that needed addressing, a learning experience.

Several products had some issues that were rectified at the manufacturing level. No different than any other company that releases new products.
That then goes thru a process of improving to a better product.

I have the LI Wader Xpointer and it works great.

Did not have any issues with the digging tool except the serrated edge is on the wrong side. It comes in two versions, with the serrated edge on either side. One for left handed people and one for right handed people.

I have the latest version of the wireless headphones, they also work great.

As for the Quest Pro detector, the field testers in general gave it good reviews, except for one. Basically it needed more work before it should of been introduced to the masses. I am one of the testers. Jason at Deteknix took everyones suggestions and implemented them into a revised version that would include all the changes. Any original units in dealers hands were recalled for replacements, the first batch of the originals version MK1 were shipped to a distributor in the UK. And anyone who bought a MK1 could swap it for a new version MK2. I don't recall any Quest MK1's being sold within the US.

The new MK2 should be arriving at the UK distributor in several weeks.
This new version with all the changes over the originals should be a kick butt machine. It will also now have a smaller 5" search coil available.

Just a side note the Quest Pro I have was an original in between unit with some changes. I have no problems using it, will tend to grab it over some of my other units. It's just fun to use. I use the larger stock coil and a smaller 5" adapted T2 search coils. The 5" coil is a killer in trash.

By the way, Jason is listening to all users of his products, he want to produce the best products..........................he may still be in China overseeing production....

Deteknix now has a new website http://www.deteknix.com/ Currently, the company emails may not be working, possibly due to the new website.................

I just bought into there line and kind of excited about trying these products. I was emailing Vivian last night about the product and email worked fine.

I have only had good service from Detecnix. I bought their X-Pointer right after it came out and had intermittent battery contacts. Sent it to their service center in Calif and got a brand new one back.

I worried as most should, but that $89 X-pointer is a kick butt pointer after years.

As a new start up company within the US, China based. First off there are some cultural differences that needed addressing, a learning experience.

Several products had some issues that were rectified at the manufacturing level. No different than any other company that releases new products.
That then goes thru a process of improving to a better product.

I have the LI Wader Xpointer and it works great.

Did not have any issues with the digging tool except the serrated edge is on the wrong side. It comes in two versions, with the serrated edge on either side. One for left handed people and one for right handed people.

I have the latest version of the wireless headphones, they also work great.

As for the Quest Pro detector, the field testers in general gave it good reviews, except for one. Basically it needed more work before it should of been introduced to the masses. I am one of the testers. Jason at Deteknix took everyones suggestions and implemented them into a revised version that would include all the changes. Any original units in dealers hands were recalled for replacements, the first batch of the originals version MK1 were shipped to a distributor in the UK. And anyone who bought a MK1 could swap it for a new version MK2. I don't recall any Quest MK1's being sold within the US.

The new MK2 should be arriving at the UK distributor in several weeks.
This new version with all the changes over the originals should be a kick butt machine. It will also now have a smaller 5" search coil available.

Just a side note the Quest Pro I have was an original in between unit with some changes. I have no problems using it, will tend to grab it over some of my other units. It's just fun to use. I use the larger stock coil and a smaller 5" adapted T2 search coils. The 5" coil is a killer in trash.

By the way, Jason is listening to all users of his products, he want to produce the best products..........................he may still be in China overseeing production....

Deteknix now has a new website http://www.deteknix.com/ Currently, the company emails may not be working, possibly due to the new website.................

Thanks for clearing that up Sven - As mentioned before, their products are well received in NZ ;)

deteknix xpointer

Same thing for me .The plastic crack at the batteries compartment after few month . cheap plastic . but as the same depth detection than the pro pointer from Garrett

...should have gone with the $32.00 Bounty Hunter pin pointer. Been using it for 5 years now. Sure it has some voodoo in it.. but it's still working. I even have to re-dip the end in epoxy every season because I wore a hole in the end... it's still working...

http://tinyurl.com/jtsr4f9

looks like the price has gone up since I bought mine.

Sometimes less is more.

I received my first stock of pinpointers and I was really surprised on how they felt in my hand. I put a battery in one of the land models and I am real impressed with it.

Mine lasted a solid year and a half. Bought a new Garrett Carrot and was going to put the Deteknix away for a backup. While taking the 9V out, one of the battery terminals came loose and fell down in the shaft!

Couldn't leave well enough alone, I guess. Just my luck!

Deteknix X-pointer

Mine cracked as well after only 1 season. It cracked right where the plastic threads are for the battery cover. I taped it up with electrical tape, and it still works, but I have moved on to a Nokta pointer. Never did try to get it repaired under warranty.... I figured it would be more trouble than it was worth.

I purchased my x-pointer as a backup to my Garrett pro pointer, didn't like the switch a lot, so it just sat in my bag. Last week, the battery in my Garrett died, so I dug out the x-pointer. The housing is cracked where the battery cap screws on! (see attached pics) Used maybe three or four times, and sitting in the bag for 9 months! I wrote deteknix yesterday, waiting for a reply . . .

Attachments

• X pointer 2.jpg
    X pointer 2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,180
  • X pointer 3.jpg
    X pointer 3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,131
  • X pointer 1.jpg
    X pointer 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,098
Most of the plastic from China is cheap. In my line of work I deal with a lot of stuff made in China and you can definitely see the difference in the new and old stuff

Back
Top Bottom