Garrett At Pro 5x8 Coil

kcw12

I been pondering getting this coil for a few weeks. All the reviews basically say is an awesome coil. I talked with Bart at big boys and he too gave it a good review, and so on. I have some questions though and i thought id try to get a wide array of folks to answer that has one.

How deep have you found stuff, with the 5x8?

How much better does it seperate (guess that would be the right word) iron and other targets then the 8.5 x 11?

How does it affect balance, because my arm gets pretty tired with that 8.5x11 (coming from a prizm II with the 4x6 coil)

I bought my 5x8 2 months ago and it hasn't been off since.

It feels really well balanced and the depth is extremely close to the stock coil. My deepest so far is about 6 inches. I love the separation in high trash and iron. I have the sniper coil too, but I prefer the 5x8 because the sniper is just too dang small. :(

G2M

It pretty much balances the machine out perfectly. I would say the average loss of depth is minimal. I dug a clad dime at about 10 inches. I found it originally with the big coil but was just learning the best way to pinpoint with the machine and switched to the 5x8 for experimentation. I could still hear it, I just didn't get any VDI. Granted, it was just barely a whisper. The separation is great. I would highly recommend getting it!!

I put mine on last night. It will be on for 95 percent of my hunts.

Buy it, you will be happy.

The weight difference is nice as well.

I bought the 5x8 with my AT Pro. Used both coils but the 5X8 stays on most of the time. Its a great coil. I keep the 8.5 x 11 around for fields and beaches.

I bought my 5 x 8 when I got my AT. I had it on for maybe 2 hrs took it off and have run the stock coil from the beginning to date. I am comfortable with the stock coil, have many hrs on it. I dont feel like I'm covering any ground with the 5 x 8. I do keep it with me all the time just in case I get into a trashy area and need it. Not saying I will put it on but at least I have it. I bought it because every one gave it such good reviews and said it was a must have. I'm glad I got it but at the same time havent used it enough to really give it a chance. The stock coil does a fine job in my opinion.

I found for parks and tot lots its good for the first sweep, as you break apart the intense numbers of trash you can move back to the big coil.

I found the bigger coil is better for scanned sports fields and when you go back to the totlot and are wanting a quick scan.

I actually found the 5x8 had a problem with high nail trash and moved back to the 8.5 x 11 and it sealed the deal, the small coil is so light comparred but the big coil covers ground quickly and lower trash or selective scanning is a killer coil, i have found all my silver with the large coil, cant say fairer then that

Back
Top Bottom