Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 04-24-2018, 06:14 PM
Elite Member

Default Amazon's new delivery program - delivering to your auto

https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-key...ur-cars-trunk/

Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, XP MI-6,,remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:13 PM
Supporter

Default Saw that on the news

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-key...ur-cars-trunk/
Saw that on the news , no way will that catch on , just like giving amazon the code to unlock your front door.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
Saw that on the news , no way will that catch on , just like giving amazon the code to unlock your front door.
Time will tell.
Don't underestimate.

Many folks did previously.
Imagine if you would have laid down $10,000 back in 97 on their stock. What you would have now.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/28/if-y...-have-now.html

Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, XP MI-6,,remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

Last edited by tnsharpshooter; 04-25-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:33 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
Actually Wal-Mart now has an option (or soon will) to deliver groceries to your house while your not home! that does include access inside the house!

☆Shield-0~V's-1~Buff-1☆

Old 04-25-2018, 06:05 AM
Supporter

Not on Facebook.
Nothing from Amazon allowed in my home.
Still write checks.

So I live under a rock.

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...

They arrested him

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:02 AM
Elite Member

Smile

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Actually Wal-Mart now has an option (or soon will) to deliver groceries to your house while your not home! that does include access inside the house!
I don't think any Wal-Mart employee would ever risk walking in our house... could be hazardous to their health.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 AM
Elite Member

I got an Amazon delivery yesterday. It was left in my front yard. They couldn't be bothered to walk all the way to the porch. And it was raining.

And they want to be let into my house and car?

-- Tom

P.S. I can't blame this one on USPS.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:29 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by achaios View post
I got an Amazon delivery yesterday. It was left in my front yard. They couldn't be bothered to walk all the way to the porch. And it was raining.

And they want to be let into my house and car?

-- Tom

P.S. I can't blame this one on USPS.
Actually, you could blame them if it's not prime now or prime same-day delivery. Amazon contract with USPS to deliver all their packages right now outside of your normal mail cycle

Old 04-25-2018, 07:33 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
Actually, you could blame them if it's not prime now or prime same-day delivery. Amazon contract with USPS to deliver all their packages right now outside of your normal mail cycle
It WAS Prime. It also didn't appear on my USPS delivery list. Other Amazon packages delivered by USPS do.

-- Tom

Last edited by achaios; 04-25-2018 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Clarification

Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Supporter

It WAS Prime. It also didn't appear on my USPS delivery list. Other Amazon packages delivered by USPS do.

-- Tom
Then it was one of the yahoos with Amazon's new delivery program, Amazon Flex. Anyone can sign up with Amazon and deliver packages now. In my area (Annapolis), USPS delivers everything except Prime Now and Prime Same Day deliveries, thise being handled by Amazon Flex drivers. It's always a !!!! shoot where I'll find the packages, in bushes, over the side fence, once they snuck it in the garage back in a shelf when the garage was open. I never saw it until a week later after I disputed the delivery with Amazon

Old 04-25-2018, 08:08 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
Not on Facebook.
Nothing from Amazon allowed in my home.
Still write checks.

So I live under a rock.
I'm close with ya there, no facebook or any of that social media !!!!, cash only except my debit card for online use. Its nice living under a rock, I like it.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:13 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
Then it was one of the yahoos with Amazon's new delivery program, Amazon Flex. Anyone can sign up with Amazon and deliver packages now. In my area (Annapolis), USPS delivers everything except Prime Now and Prime Same Day deliveries, thise being handled by Amazon Flex drivers. It's always a !!!! shoot where I'll find the packages, in bushes, over the side fence, once they snuck it in the garage back in a shelf when the garage was open. I never saw it until a week later after I disputed the delivery with Amazon
My point still stands. I should trust these guys with access to the house and the car?

Believe me, I have issues with USPS, but I can't blame them for this one. They always at least deliver it to the porch (although, I have had them just slide the package to the door and have it end up in the side yard). This one was at the end of the driveway, where it meets the sidewalk.

FedEx always seems to leave boxes on the porch steps, because they can't be bothered to go up the steps all the way to the door. I have no major issues with UPS, and my only issue lately with DHL was an incomplete attempted delivery notice. Lasership is on my doo-doo list (if I can't say that, Rudy what can I use?).

--- Tom

Old 04-25-2018, 08:28 AM
Supporter

Not a snowball's chance in he!! should you, or I, or anyone else. All the system is built to do is record if someone goes off script, won't stop them from doing it.

But the demographic Amazon is targeting surely isn't us...most definitely it is Millennials and below who don't give a squat about privacy, identify with one of the 38 genders, and believe countries shouldn't have borders.

My point still stands. I should trust these guys with access to the house and the car?

Believe me, I have issues with USPS, but I can't blame them for this one. They always at least deliver it to the porch (although, I have had them just slide the package to the door and have it end up in the side yard). This one was at the end of the driveway, where it meets the sidewalk.

FedEx always seems to leave boxes on the porch steps, because they can't be bothered to go up the steps all the way to the door. I have no major issues with UPS, and my only issue lately with DHL was an incomplete attempted delivery notice. Lasership is on my doo-doo list (if I can't say that, Rudy what can I use?).

--- Tom

2 members found this post helpful.