Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-24-2018, 06:14 PM
tnsharpshooter's Avatar
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 7,560
Default Amazon's new delivery program - delivering to your auto

https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-key...ur-cars-trunk/

__________________
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Minelab XS Explorer, 2-Xp
Deus
, Nokta Impact, Detech Chaser
Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, XP MI-6,,remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2  
Old 04-24-2018, 11:13 PM
davidlhyde63366 davidlhyde63366 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: O`FALLON MISSOURI
Posts: 815
Default Saw that on the news

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-key...ur-cars-trunk/
Saw that on the news , no way will that catch on , just like giving amazon the code to unlock your front door.

__________________
Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV , Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , really enjoying this hobby, looking forward to much more of it.

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 04-24-2018, 11:17 PM
tnsharpshooter's Avatar
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 7,560
Default

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
Saw that on the news , no way will that catch on , just like giving amazon the code to unlock your front door.
Time will tell.
Don't underestimate.

Many folks did previously.
Imagine if you would have laid down $10,000 back in 97 on their stock. What you would have now.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/28/if-y...-have-now.html

__________________
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Minelab XS Explorer, 2-Xp
Deus
, Nokta Impact, Detech Chaser
Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, XP MI-6,,remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side


Last edited by tnsharpshooter; 04-25-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #4  
Old 04-24-2018, 11:33 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Worcester County, MA
Posts: 10,337
Default

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
Saw that on the news , no way will that catch on , just like giving amazon the code to unlock your front door.
Actually Wal-Mart now has an option (or soon will) to deliver groceries to your house while your not home! that does include access inside the house!

__________________
☆Minelab 2018☆
*W-92~IH-20~LC-5*
•Silva-26~Ster-5•
☆Shield-0~V's-1~Buff-1☆

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #5  
Old 04-25-2018, 06:05 AM
amc rulz's Avatar
amc rulz amc rulz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: southern mich
Posts: 2,656
Default

Not on Facebook.
Nothing from Amazon allowed in my home.
Still write checks.

So I live under a rock.

__________________
Explorer 2/Etrac

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...

They arrested him

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #6  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:02 AM
graybeard graybeard is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New London Ohio
Posts: 1,108
Smile

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Actually Wal-Mart now has an option (or soon will) to deliver groceries to your house while your not home! that does include access inside the house!
I don't think any Wal-Mart employee would ever risk walking in our house... could be hazardous to their health.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #7  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 AM
achaios's Avatar
achaios achaios is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,201
Default

I got an Amazon delivery yesterday. It was left in my front yard. They couldn't be bothered to walk all the way to the porch. And it was raining.

And they want to be let into my house and car?

-- Tom

P.S. I can't blame this one on USPS.

__________________
My detectors: Whites Coinmaster 2500/D, Tesoro Vaquero
KJ4FUU

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #8  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:29 AM
ChrisMD's Avatar
ChrisMD ChrisMD is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
Posts: 424
Default

Originally Posted by achaios View post
I got an Amazon delivery yesterday. It was left in my front yard. They couldn't be bothered to walk all the way to the porch. And it was raining.

And they want to be let into my house and car?

-- Tom

P.S. I can't blame this one on USPS.
Actually, you could blame them if it's not prime now or prime same-day delivery. Amazon contract with USPS to deliver all their packages right now outside of your normal mail cycle
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #9  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:33 AM
achaios's Avatar
achaios achaios is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,201
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
Actually, you could blame them if it's not prime now or prime same-day delivery. Amazon contract with USPS to deliver all their packages right now outside of your normal mail cycle
It WAS Prime. It also didn't appear on my USPS delivery list. Other Amazon packages delivered by USPS do.

-- Tom

__________________
My detectors: Whites Coinmaster 2500/D, Tesoro Vaquero
KJ4FUU


Last edited by achaios; 04-25-2018 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #10  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM
ChrisMD's Avatar
ChrisMD ChrisMD is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
Posts: 424
Default

Originally Posted by achaios View post
It WAS Prime. It also didn't appear on my USPS delivery list. Other Amazon packages delivered by USPS do.

-- Tom
Then it was one of the yahoos with Amazon's new delivery program, Amazon Flex. Anyone can sign up with Amazon and deliver packages now. In my area (Annapolis), USPS delivers everything except Prime Now and Prime Same Day deliveries, thise being handled by Amazon Flex drivers. It's always a !!!! shoot where I'll find the packages, in bushes, over the side fence, once they snuck it in the garage back in a shelf when the garage was open. I never saw it until a week later after I disputed the delivery with Amazon
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #11  
Old 04-25-2018, 08:08 AM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 729
Default

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
Not on Facebook.
Nothing from Amazon allowed in my home.
Still write checks.

So I live under a rock.
I'm close with ya there, no facebook or any of that social media !!!!, cash only except my debit card for online use. Its nice living under a rock, I like it.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #12  
Old 04-25-2018, 08:13 AM
achaios's Avatar
achaios achaios is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,201
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
Then it was one of the yahoos with Amazon's new delivery program, Amazon Flex. Anyone can sign up with Amazon and deliver packages now. In my area (Annapolis), USPS delivers everything except Prime Now and Prime Same Day deliveries, thise being handled by Amazon Flex drivers. It's always a !!!! shoot where I'll find the packages, in bushes, over the side fence, once they snuck it in the garage back in a shelf when the garage was open. I never saw it until a week later after I disputed the delivery with Amazon
My point still stands. I should trust these guys with access to the house and the car?

Believe me, I have issues with USPS, but I can't blame them for this one. They always at least deliver it to the porch (although, I have had them just slide the package to the door and have it end up in the side yard). This one was at the end of the driveway, where it meets the sidewalk.

FedEx always seems to leave boxes on the porch steps, because they can't be bothered to go up the steps all the way to the door. I have no major issues with UPS, and my only issue lately with DHL was an incomplete attempted delivery notice. Lasership is on my doo-doo list (if I can't say that, Rudy what can I use?).

--- Tom

__________________
My detectors: Whites Coinmaster 2500/D, Tesoro Vaquero
KJ4FUU

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #13  
Old 04-25-2018, 08:28 AM
ChrisMD's Avatar
ChrisMD ChrisMD is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
Posts: 424
Default

Not a snowball's chance in he!! should you, or I, or anyone else. All the system is built to do is record if someone goes off script, won't stop them from doing it.

But the demographic Amazon is targeting surely isn't us...most definitely it is Millennials and below who don't give a squat about privacy, identify with one of the 38 genders, and believe countries shouldn't have borders.

Originally Posted by achaios View post
My point still stands. I should trust these guys with access to the house and the car?

Believe me, I have issues with USPS, but I can't blame them for this one. They always at least deliver it to the porch (although, I have had them just slide the package to the door and have it end up in the side yard). This one was at the end of the driveway, where it meets the sidewalk.

FedEx always seems to leave boxes on the porch steps, because they can't be bothered to go up the steps all the way to the door. I have no major issues with UPS, and my only issue lately with DHL was an incomplete attempted delivery notice. Lasership is on my doo-doo list (if I can't say that, Rudy what can I use?).

--- Tom
Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.