Help requested!

Munawar Jamal

Hello all, I have recently moved to Canada as a Christian Refugee from Pakistan, I was planting veggies in a plot on our rented accomodation ( an old farm) and I lost my mother's ring that I have worn since she passed away. Always made me feel her near! I was flingng a stone i found in the soil, and I felt the ring slip out and even heard a dull thud when it landed! We looked for it on all fours but no luck. I searched the net for " professional metal detectors" and came across a person in Pickering. He agreed to come over and find my ring for $150. I am on financial aid and it was more than I could afford. So asked him to visit me only when he happens to be in Caledon and charge less. I understand he was being reasonable as Pickering is far. Still a bit high for us so I borrowed a bounty hunter from someone and looked for it without luck. Called the guy again.So when he was in town , he called and came over. He looked for it for a good couple of hours, grid lines and all, found a few coins and old square nails but no ring! I still had to pay $50 and he promised to come back and look for it again for another $25!He hasnt shown up! I request the forum to help me out if anyone can. I live in Caledon on Mayfield road, my cell is 647-657-0423 kindly call if anyone willing to help. Its not an expensive ring but means the world to me. I look for it everyday, its been three weeks now. No luck. I am praying too and asking my mom to help me with finding it. Still waiting.
Obliged, Munawar

I just hope they guy didn't find your ring and keep it. Charging so much just for an attempt at finding it is a real d-bag move to me. Whatever happened to just helping out a total stranger?

I just hope they guy didn't find your ring and keep it. Charging so much just for an attempt at finding it is a real d-bag move to me. Whatever happened to just helping out a total stranger?

Agreed! It sounds like you were taken advantage of. :mad: Many MDing enthusiasts would happily spend some time looking for you for free for "the thrill of the hunt" and because we enjoy using our expertise to help someone! Hopefully you can locate someone close to you through one of the links provided above. Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom