Cleaning your metal detector

I found that if you have a Garrett Pro pointer, you can't just rinse off ALL of the dirt. Some residual is almost always left over in the little grooves of the plastic. A quick wipe-down with Armour all gets ALL the fine dirt left.

HH!

AT Pro's can be tossed into a lake for cleaning or maybe placed in the bed of my truck and go through the car wash :lol:

I like not having to worry about moisture around the screen, like this morning when I got doused by a sprinkler. At least now I dont have to shower for a few days :lol:

I do use a screen protector for my touch phone to protect my AT Pro screen from scratches, cut for a custom fit ;)

I just got done breaking my AT Pro down all of the way to give it its first thorough cleaning. I found a 12 guage shotgun cleaning kit very helpful. I was able to use the bore brush and swab to clean and lube the inner shaft and the CLP put a nice layer of "shine" on everything...glad I thought of it. I did all of that after giving it a good wipe down with a wet paper towel and washing the coil (and cover) in the sink. ;):D

Cleaning???:?::?:??? what's that? :lol::lol: Any time I spend with my MD is spent swinging, not cleaning!

I have found that most dirt and clods either dry and fall off or if I have the opportunity, I swing the coil through a puddle to rinse it off before I put it in the truck!

Honestly most dirt gets on my machine at the coil end or at the hand grip in messy conditions...since the hand grip is foam...I let it dry...then squeeze it a few times...what does not fall off, gets a rinse from the garden hose sometimes.

Since I do it mostly at the beach I got one of those blue 5 gallon water jugs and keep in the back of my van to rince the sand off before they go in the car.

Back
Top Bottom