• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Biggest Tiger Trout I've Ever Caught.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
No metal detecting today, but check out this lunker!

Attachments

• 20191011_143739-800x379.jpg
    20191011_143739-800x379.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 542
  • 20191011_143746-800x379.jpg
    20191011_143746-800x379.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 540
Hey, nice fish, Tyler! :waytogo: How much did that weigh?

Thanks! I didn't have a scale with me, but I would guess it was at least 5 pounds, maybe more. It sure was fun to bring in. It was a real light hit on my jig. Set the hook just right!

Last edited:
Nice fish! My season is over due to surgeries, maybe get to ice fish. I've fished all my life and all over the usa but never heard of a tiger trout. Had to google it, good to know. Btw a man made lake is called a reservoir.

Oh hell! Compared to the 40lb+ West Michigan German Browns, That aint nothing but a fingerling or possibly bait!:laughing: they sell those damn things down at the baitstore for a dollar a dozen! The Walleye guys use them even!

That poor little guy could comfortably reside in a sardine can!

Fishing advice: Pop a Khale hook through the adipose fin area, toss him back out, let him swim around a little....maybe you could catch yourself a 40lb flathead to really show us something! If not, reel him back in, roast him over a cig lighter or a matchstick......At least you got a shore lunch snack to complement the cheese and crackers, but a fathead minnow would just as easily suffice...:laughing:

Nice fish! My season is over due to surgeries, maybe get to ice fish. I've fished all my life and all over the usa but never heard of a tiger trout. Had to google it, good to know. Btw a man made lake is called a reservoir.

Thanks. I enjoy ice fishing too. My body of water vocabulary needs work.

Oh hell! Compared to the 40lb+ West Michigan German Browns, That aint nothing but a fingerling or possibly bait!:laughing: they sell those damn things down at the baitstore for a dollar a dozen! The Walleye guys use them even!

That poor little guy could comfortably reside in a sardine can!

Fishing advice: Pop a Khale hook through the adipose fin area, toss him back out, let him swim around a little....maybe you could catch yourself a 40lb flathead to really show us something! If not, reel him back in, roast him over a cig lighter or a matchstick......At least you got a shore lunch snack to complement the cheese and crackers, but a fathead minnow would just as easily suffice...:laughing:

Haha. YES. It IS all about location! This catch was at least akin to sniffing out a deep Merc in a pounded, public park. :lol:

That is a dandy Tiger trout . A tiger trout of any size is on my bucket list. I know of a couple places where they are , but i haven't had the chance to get to them yet.

That is a dandy Tiger trout . A tiger trout of any size is on my bucket list. I know of a couple places where they are , but i haven't had the chance to get to them yet.

Thanks! I haven't caught many. They are very distinctive though. Deep green backs with that awesome spotting. It's hard to tell from the pics, but that one had a really orange belly.

That’s a big fishy, nice man! Been a long time since I’ve gone fishing, keep telling myself every new year I’ll buy a license and then just don’t ... my kids are 11/9 and my son (9) wants to go, so maybe ... next year :lol:

Back
Top Bottom