Nokta Fors CoRe, Fors Relic

5 mile

Forum Supporter
Recently one posted some finds with the Nokta Fors Relic.

I have heard of this detector but never looked into it.

After poking around on the internet, I was quite impressed with the depth.

Now I have the XP Deus 11"coil, and have gotten some pretty good deep finds.

I am just curious from CoRe or Relic users what they think of their units. The Relic appears to be a deeper seeking machine that would also work on coins.

In addition, the Nokta Impact should prove investigating once it is released.

Thoughts?

Thanks and HH.

I run one of the Nokta Relic units,,,so to be clear here,,,this info pertains to Nokta FORS Relic detector,,,,not Nokta FORS CoRe detector.

Super high gain unit,,,can be sparky with too high a gain.

Great separator in nails and iron.

Actually top notch performance,,,,kills lead relics like no tomorrow,,much better than Deus does.

Does have tone break capability in 3 tone,,,so coin hunting can be done.

Would I recommend the unit to a dedicated coin Hunter?? No

But I would definitely recommend one to augment say etrac,,CTX,,explorer.

Around old house sites,,,old barns, etc,,,,,these polluted places it will hunt.

I was using my unit just the other day in a pounded site (using Deus, etrac, CTX),, and low and behold out jumps an old purex lid.

You know what those sound like on etrac, CTX, Deus???

A site I frequent on and off,,do test some detectors there too.

Small coil performance is outstanding.

Also,,used my relic detector to pull a contemporary capped bust dime out of a site,,,I had pounded many times with etrac,,CTX,,,and no telling how many times and hours with Deus 9 and 11" coils.

On my second trip to this site,,nailed it with Nokta relic,,,,was running 2 tone at the time,,,,compared signal using 3 tone,,,,,I wouldn't have dug what I heard.

The first outing to this site,,,I ran 3 tone only,,,,likely the reason I didn't find contemporary coin the first time out here to this site.

I use both the Relic and CoRe. I've used them a lot at sites that I've detected before and have recovered numerous silver coins that I've missed. Most of the time, but not all of the time, the missed coins were being masked by a nail. Both units excel when they're close to buildings where nails are present in the ground. There are a lot of silver coins still out there that are being masked by nails. The easy to find unmasked silver coins have mostly been cherry picked at the public sites. These units open up these hard hit sites to new finds.

Are they better than the Deus at unmasking targets in iron? I don't know, but I'm going to find out. Let's hope that they can hold their own against the Deus, because they are a whole lot less expensive and are super simple to use. Even if the Deus is a tad better, a Deus search coil cost nearly as much as a good used CoRe or Relic detector. It may not be worth it.

This is a good video to watch: LINK

beephead

[QUOTE=tnsharpshooter;

Thanks TNS, good write up and informative. I believe I have read some of your other posts on Thomas D's along with Keith's and watching his videos. I did not realize he was quite involved in the development of the Relic.

My primary sites are plowed fields or woods where this could be an additional tool in my arsenal. I am still awaiting more info on the Nokta Impact as well.

[QUOTE=beephead;

Thanks Beephead, actually it was your recent featured thread that prompted me to look into Nokta. That video you linked had good information in it and straight to the point. The underdog (Vaquero) really held its own against the other 3. Great info on your other videos as well.

Back
Top Bottom