Four Hours Of Wading The Boulder Field!!

Cupajo

Elite Member
Dual Field, Diablo and I done good!

One small gold and one silver, some clad and some junk metal----------not a bad hunt!!

Tiny antique diamond ring just fits over the end of my pinkie, but any gold is fine with me!!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Attachments

• Diablo Scoop 037 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Scoop 037 (Large).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 414
  • Diablo Scoop 039 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Scoop 039 (Large).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 411
  • Diablo Scoop 041 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Scoop 041 (Large).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 424
That ring is tiny. Wow, that lady who owned it last was tiny! It looks really old and I am sure the stone is genuine, just looks too good to be CZ. Very unique find.

I've hunted a place or two over the years where it seemed all you had to do was drag your scoop and you'ld end up with gold in it!!

After years of detecting only when someone came to me to find a lost jewel, I started detecting again in 2006 using my old Garretts XL500 PIs.

They helped me recover a few rings, but I decided to retire them and use an Infinium with an 8"Mono coil!

The machine paid for itself as you know if you have read my Finds Garrett's
Infinium Classroom posts.

The machine still is a producer, but a bit heavy for this Old Hunter.

I am using a Dual Field now and have been since late 2009. It also has paid for itself in finds.

I have hunted these same waters since mid-1982 off and on and I gotta tell Ya, I'm starting to think I've hunted myself outa hunting!!:(

Those two recent gold rings represent over six weeks of hunting every chance I could get in the water. (Many hours!!!)

Finds are getting harder to locate and if things don't improve soon, I may be forced to search out new hunting grounds!!

Just wanted all you hunters out there to know.:lol:

Thanks for your Replies as always!:grin:

The little diamond is real and that "gold lookin" thing is a gold plated ear-ring

(I think.) made of very thin brass and hollow.

GL&HH Fellow Hunters,

CJ

Back
Top Bottom