Auction Site Money Back Guarantee Question

To a degree. They will only refund you if the seller does not ship the item or the item is significantly not as described. But if you make a regular habit of returning items, they may limit or stop your ability to buy on eBay.

I don't accept "hassle free" returns on eBay because a lot of buyers abuse that feature. If I stated that I accepted hassle free returns, a buyer can return it for any reason, including finding it somewhere else at a lower price. I would also have to pay shipping charges both ways, which isn't right.

If sold as is and no refund communicated from the beginning, before it was sold then not.
I (we) do not know the actual agreement so can't be relevant about it.

For civil sellers (used stuff) refund or warrenty is not obligatory.
And professional sellers can choose for it as long as it is communicated when presented for sale.

I as civil seller always sold my unnecessary items clearly mentioning them in the ad as 'sold as is' and 'without refund', and i never had to refund. And if payment-service would take my money back i would claim it back and even would sew them for it.

Could still be good for business for a seller to act professional and comes to an agreement, even if refund is inessential. As a good name can be much more worth then a few bucks.
But not all sellers understand this and those always go for the quick bucks.

Back
Top Bottom