Simplex vs AT pro

The audio on the at pro is much better for parks and yards. For fields the simplex is the better machine. Jmo..Both really good tho,hard choice for me to pick one over the other.

Good comparison of features and price, but actual performance data was missing.
Very important to consider when making a purchase. Good video.

Last edited:
It’s renamed. After all the covid craziness I’ll try to borrow my friends at pro to do a depth comparison

Maybe I'm nitpicking but the AT Pro with wired headphones @ $552 is NOT double the price of a Simplex @$339 with wireless headphones. According to your video at $254 you don't get headphones.

I got it without headphones for 250 but it comes with an adapter to use wired headphones, I didn't need wireless

Very good accurate comparison. I don't care for the audio on either detector personally but between the two I would prefer the faster recovery speed of the Simplex along with all of the other feature differences you mentioned. Two you did not mention are internal rechargeable batteries and user friendly software updates which definitely are a big difference. The only plus for the AT Pro currently would be available coil choices. Otherwise, the AT Pro was a great detector in its day but it has too much really old tech/features that are due for an upgrade.

If I had to choose, I would pick the new Garrett Apex since I don't need waterproof and I like the sound of its audio and the adjustable iron audio among all of its impressive features.

Jeff

it's easy to see which one stands out -

no doubt it will end up being the world's #1 seller

Back
Top Bottom