I finally give up on this CW site.

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
It is a park in Atlanta that was the scene of a huge battle at Peachtree Creek on July 20, 1964. Millions of bullets were fired and dropped on that day. You think I could find at least one. Have hunted that park and the creeks off and on for the past two years.

Using my 800 so that is no excuse for not finding a 3 ringer. The park is just wall to wall junk that drives the 800 crazy.

My last hunt of 3 hours was today and it was the last straw. Found a piece of outdoor antenna about 6" longs, 5 rusty tin and beer can tops, a cable TV filter of some sort.

That is it for me. Back to my productive CW sites along 75 north of Atlanta.

You are in an area that has had tons of development. They only have to move about a foot of top soil to destroy all the artifacts. Over the years I have had no luck at all in Atlanta proper. Try some of the nearby towns like Jonesboro.

I agree with duggap, anywhere they have moved the soil do to building homes or putting in parks if your not on the location as soon as soil is starting to get moved around it really changes the outcome a lot of finding artifacts. And the lay of the land changes so much, where they may have been action or camps could possibly be laying under many feet of feel dirt.

A hunting buddy of mine introduced me to his Uncle, who had somehow gotten in good with the city of Atlanta officials .... that park you are talking about he was allowed to hunt for about a year, and the city paid him for part of his finds .... he has a room filled with what he pulled including cannon balls, bullets, belt plates. He literally cleaned out a large chunk of it .... before they (you guessed it) moved the dirt around. That uncle just passed away so he won't beat anyone else to the stuff still remaining out there.

Back
Top Bottom