One of my best coin days so far

Call Me V

Great day for me today. I did six hours at work and then my friend, K, and I went out to hunt her grandmother's yard. She lives about 30 minutes north of us. The house was built in the early 1900's. We've hoped to search it for awhile. I found several clad coins but also found three wheaties (1920, 1927, 1934), two buffalo nickels (1936, can't read the other), a 1941 Jefferson, and two Mercury dimes (1927 and 1934). In the past I've been obsessed in pulling up rings, but now I'm having too much fun finding the old coins... now that I'm actually finding some :yes:

Attachments

• IMG_2227.jpg
    IMG_2227.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
When I first started, I had dreams of gold rings and jewelry. Once I found a few old silver coins, they became my obsession. I love to see new folks to the hobby jump in and do well. You're in the club. You've even had to weather a major detector catastrophe. There are many awesome hunts ahead of you.

Gotta love finding those old coins! Don't let them completely distract you from the rings, though. You seem to be good at finding those, too. So, did K find anything?

Gotta love finding those old coins! Don't let them completely distract you from the rings, though. You seem to be good at finding those, too. So, did K find anything?

K did find one buffalo and several wheaties. She's still waiting on her first silver (non-ring) of the year.

Congratulations on the nice finds, that would be a tremendous day for me!

Back
Top Bottom