Scuba Detective had some bad luck

I see you as being a good daughter, who loves her dad.......... if some one disagrees that's it's being posted here ...that's fine, everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

I've always enjoyed your dads post and he has always been willing to help others...And I see the Go fund me page as a chance for those he helped to return the favor.

Best to you and your dad..:gottaluv:

Well Said, OBN.

davidlhyde : Thanx for keeping us updated.

If anyone ever deserved a "go fund me", it is scuba-detective Robert. He helped out a lot of desperate people over the years to get reunited with their stuff . Scores of great adventure posse-hunt stories !

davidlhyde : Thanx for keeping us updated.

If anyone ever deserved a "go fund me", it is scuba-detective Robert. He helped out a lot of desperate people over the years to get reunited with their stuff . Scores of great adventure posse-hunt stories !

Very true Tom. But he also stated a few times how much $ he gets for his service. WAY more than an item is worth , in general. Yes , he helps out alot of people and I love his stories and experiences. And I respect that. But from what I read , he is not hurting. Especially if you can buy boats from rewards. I would also tend to believe it could be a tax write off as well.

Go fund me is typically for down and outers. People who seriously need financial help. Also for entrepreneurs who usually want other people's money to fund their project. And finally.....for scammers....

Very true Tom. But he also stated a few times how much $ he gets for his service....

Mr kob : I would add : That "$" was WELL DESERVED !

I do not see a contradiction between altruism, and a Workman being worthy of his hire.

Mr kob : I would add : That "$" was WELL DESERVED !

I do not see a contradiction between altruism, and a Workman being worthy of his hire.
Absolutely ! "Take what the market will bear"

But this doesn't warrant a go fund me.

Absolutely ! "Take what the market will bear"

But this doesn't warrant a go fund me.

While I partially agree with your opinion, I think go fund me is for anyone that wants to use it. Who are we to say what/who warrants/deserves a go fund me page? From what Robert has shared with us, it does seem like he's financially comfortable, but what does that have to do with anything? The guy just wants his stuff back, most likely so he can get back out there and do what he does best, recover lost items underwater. Although I'm sure he has back up scuba gear, its nice to have the option to give back to someone that has given so much, and I'm sure is continuing to give to this day. My guess is, he wouldn't even accept the money anyways...

While I partially agree with your opinion, I think go fund me is for anyone that wants to use it. Who are we to say what/who warrants/deserves a go fund me page? From what Robert has shared with us, it does seem like he's financially comfortable, but what does that have to do with anything? The guy just wants his stuff back, most likely so he can get back out there and do what he does best, recover lost items underwater. Although I'm sure he has back up scuba gear, its nice to have the option to give back to someone that has given so much, and I'm sure is continuing to give to this day. My guess is, he wouldn't even accept the money anyways...

It's just MY opinion is all. Anyway he can try to get his stuff back , why not. Me personally , if I lost my detector or even broke it , would I or my family set up a go fund me ? Absolutely not. I would take my lumps , learn from it and move on. But that's just THE KOB !

...From what Robert has shared with us, it does seem like he's financially comfortable, but what does that have to do with anything? The guy just wants his stuff back,....

^ ^ this ^ ^

Why is that if a poor guy's stuff gets stolen, that's a "bad" thing, while an affluent guy's stuff getting stolen is somehow a "good" thing ? :?:

Theft is theft, and it's never excusable.

So for example, if a judge is throwing the book at a thief for stealing, he's not going to conclude "Oh never mind, that was an affluent guy you stole from, so you don't get as many lumps" . And if the thief is ordered to pay restitution, the judge DOESN'T make some sort of a sliding scale for if you stole from Bill Gates, vs if you stole from Joe Blow. Instead : Restitution is the same NO MATTER WHO YOU STOLE FROM.

So in the same way, when we do our well-wishing for Robert here, it should have NOTHING TO DO with how affluent Robert is.

^ ^ this ^ ^

Why is that if a poor guy's stuff gets stolen, that's a "bad" thing, while an affluent guy's stuff getting stolen is somehow a "good" thing ? :?:

So for example, if a judge is throwing the book at a thief for stealing, he's not going to conclude "Oh never mind, that was an affluent guy you stole from, so you don't get as many lumps" . And if the thief is ordered to pay restitution, the judge DOESN'T make some sort of a sliding scale for if you stole from Bill Gates, vs if you stole from Joe Blow. Instead : Restitution is the same NO MATTER WHO YOU STOLE FROM.

So in the same way, when we do our well-wishing for Robert here, it should have NOTHING TO DO with how affluent Robert is.
But in setting up a "go fund me" account , it should. And that is what this is about. It is really no different than a PPP loan. These large corporations , with tons of profitable money and assets , who have recently been outed for accepting these loans. It's abuse and isn't right. Like the "NBA LAKERS" ( my team). They returned the loan after they were busted. And yes , THE KOB was and still is disgusted...

^ ^ this ^ ^

Where does it say it was stolen? It fell off his truck, it could have fallen off a garbage truck or one of these haul away companies... anyone finding it had no clue it fell off someones truck so please don't assume the guy who found it knew how it got in the road...

This entire thread is rich... why aren't you posting the same thing when we find someones ring?

Tom , it says nothing about stolen. For the 1 time in your life , on this forum , it is time to admit YOUR WRONG !

Scuba

Where does it say it was stolen? It fell off his truck, it could have fallen off a garbage truck or one of these haul away companies... anyone finding it had no clue it fell off someones truck so please don't assume the guy who found it knew how it got in the road...

This entire thread is rich... why aren't you posting the same thing when we find someones ring?

Scuba might not have the extra funds right now , many on here think he does , he recently bought a house closer to the water and has been fixing it up. He did put up a sign in front of his drive offering a reward for the equipment return. He has ordered some replacement equipment but getting by for now on his old equipment. Here is part of his recent post on Facebook.
(No news on my gear. I guess somebody thinks it has to be worth more than 300.00. I am leaving the sign up another week or so. But I am now thinking whoever found it wants it more than I did. We all know life goes on and that is a minor problem compared to the larger scheme of things. My gear will be replaced and I will be completely safe in the water again. Enjoy your week and keep your possessions DRY!)

Tom , it says nothing about stolen. For the 1 time in your life , on this forum , it is time to admit YOUR WRONG !

Yes. I mis-read that part.

Ok, and point remains: The affluent among us are still deserving of well wishes. :/

I haven't been here for a while and I just came to find pirate to see if he could help me. I saw this post. I can't remember how piar8 spells his name.

FIRST, I thought I left my tailgate open. I did NOT. My truck has a recall on it about the tailgate opening by itself. It was supposedly repaired. When you back up with my Ram with the tailgate open the proximity sensors go off. So it was NOT open. Was not my mistake like I thought it was.

Yes my daughter helped me and so did others. THEIR CHOICE. NOBODY begged anyone to contribute. I have replaced everything with EXACT replacements and did not scam anyone. +

Also all the dive shops have been notified, the pawn shops and the police. Over one thousand one hundred people shared my post. I have influenced and inspired that many folks on Facebook and I am proud of it.

Am I rich. Not at all. Am I blessed, absolutely. I don't hoard my money. I freely give it away. I did with contests on here and I do with helping others on Facebook.

I want to add one more thing. NOT to dwell on my personal life but just so everyone might understand. I did move and I am trying to make my new house as comfortable as I can. I had steps in my old home and my laundry in the basement. I had a stroke. I needed a home with one floor and no steps to get into it. I have one only from the garage. I can't do everything I used to and I am good with that and at peace with life.

Ram is getting involved and I am doing great. I need pirates help, He is in mid Michigan.

Last edited:
Scuba

I haven't been here for a while and I just came to find pirate to see if he could help me. I saw this post. I can't remember how piar8 spells his name.

FIRST, I thought I left my tailgate open. I did NOT. My truck has a recall on it about the tailgate opening by itself. It was supposedly repaired. When you back up with my Ram with the tailgate open the proximity sensors go off. So it was NOT open. Was not my mistake like I thought it was.

Yes my daughter helped me and so did others. THEIR CHOICE. NOBODY begged anyone to contribute. I have replaced everything with EXACT replacements and did not scam anyone. +

Also all the dive shops have been notified, the pawn shops and the police. Over one thousand one hundred people shared my post. I have influenced and inspired that many folks on Facebook and I am proud of it.

Am I rich. Not at all. Am I blessed, absolutely. I don't hoard my money. I freely give it away. I did with contests on here and I do with helping others on Facebook.

I want to add one more thing. NOT to dwell on my personal life but just so everyone might understand. I did move and I am trying to make my new house as comfortable as I can. I had steps in my old home and my laundry in the basement. I had a stroke. I needed a home with one floor and no steps to get into it. I have one only from the garage. I can't do everything I used to and I am good with that and at peace with life.

Ram is getting involved and I am doing great. I need pirates help, He is in mid Michigan.

Glad to see you back on here ,your post have been missed by may more than you know. I have been following you on Facebook post though .

good to hear from you Scuba. Thanx for bringing us up to speed. Hope to see more of your inputs here !

GoFundMe is for everyone except Candace Owens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom