1800s home site finds

Hound46

I found 2 items I'm having a hard time identifying. They both came from an old home site that was in use in the mid 1800s. It's long gone, and I'm not sure when it went out of use.

The item on the left of the dime looks like it could have been a medal with a ribbon running through the top slot. It is has a 4 pointed star with an octagon in the middle. I don't see any other marks.

The item to the right of the time has the letters "P. H." There is a star above it.

Does anyone know what these are?

image_zps7acfb79a.jpg

image_zps67b92d4c.jpg

There is some kind of "token" that was made someone told me about on here. I found one once. Something to do with crops, or farming, or sharecropping. Redeemable per bushel or something or other. If I can remember right it was something like mine scrip, only was agriculture related. Anyway, they usually hust have a couple letters or a number. Thats about as vague as I can be, sorry I can't be of more help but maybe (maybe maybe) that "token" is one of those.

The item with the "H" would likely be from a shell casing. The "H" could possible stand for Henry, or the Henry rifle.

Please ignore, I didn't see the other letter until after I posted. I will go back to sleep now.

Any other ideas?

I can't find a picture of the octagon/star design with google. Maybe just decoration with no meaning?

The sharecrop tokens I googled had a numerical value to them.

More help or clarification would be appreciated. It's too snowy to be out hunting so I thought I'd ruminate on these 2 objects I found when it wasn't snowing and Spring.:?:

The top item (largest and copper looking), does it have a small, round hole on the side somewhere?

Doug

The top item can you post a pic of the edge if it has a small hole in it it could be a Gruman watch part holder if no hole could be a rouge or cosmetic container from the 20's like the Princess Pat or something look closely for in writing on it clean with tooth paste with soft brissel brush

The top item can you post a pic of the edge if it has a small hole in it it could be a Gruman watch part holder if no hole could be a rouge or cosmetic container from the 20's like the Princess Pat or something look closely for in writing on it clean with tooth paste with soft brissel brush

I'll look more closely. That was found at a house built in the 1890s and still lived in. I thought it might be a pill or snuff container, but that's just because-not based on any prior knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom