Protection against lost pinpointer

pplinker

Forum Supporter
In another post a guy (Dick Dirt) said about using a janitor's retractable key chain to attach your pinpointer to your belt or finds bag. That sounded like a good idea so I ordered a couple and got one fixed up today. If anyone wants to know how to attach something to the TRX, a zip tie works well. It only has that flat little opening for a lanyard strap or key ring.

Also used an engraver to write my name and phone number. Would be a good idea to do this to your metal detectors, too.

One time we got our stihl chainsaws and weedeaters stolen. The dealer was able to provide the serial numbers and so the police were able to get most of them back from a pawn shop. After that we engraved them and also engraved them in a hidden spot not likely to be seen and ground off. On the pinpointers I engraved my initials on the small flat plastic area by the LED light.

Attachments

• DSC00350.JPG
    DSC00350.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 166
I have been using the Nassco Keyback HD 13oz pull retractors after seeing CJayC's review on them and talking with him. They have served me well. Roughly $25 on amazon for a 2pk. They have a built-in clip and a heavy duty keyring to connect to the PP.
b494f6ba06fc70951c2dbad0ba0ad5b8.jpg

Oldest coin- 1946 wheatie.

Great review and looks like a great product as well. I like how he is able to use it without the holster
That is one of the major reasons I love them. One less thing to thread onto my belt (holster), and I can clip it anywhere there is a spot to. It is also super durable.

Oldest coin- 1946 wheatie.

Back
Top Bottom