Nox 800 first impressions...

kidlester

Elite Member
Hello,
The weather finally broke for a few hours and I got out with the NOX.
Keep in mind I am comparing this unit to the CTX only.
Lightning fast.
Very light.
Headphones are good, even for an old man who cant hear very well.
I went to three locations yesterday and today where I could put it to the test in iron/trash.
Set up the machine in park 1.
Set the threshold where I could here it. (it is zero default in park and field)
Swing speed 5. ( I will get to this later)
Discrimination pattern. 12-14, 23 and up only.
Noise cancel, balance left at zero.
All other settings at default.

Nickels at the first site seem to hit at 12-13. I pulled two jeffs and one buff in very heavy iron. Pull tabs are a little higher but will hit at 13. Coins hit a little harder and cleaner.
All other coins hit where advertised.
SWING SPEED seems to be one of the critical settings. If the unit is "falsing" or the good signal are "clipping", your swing speed setting is not correct for your style. I kept playing with this and the machine really stabilized. I am used to a slow swing with the CTX and kept reminding myself I could go faster.
Found some good stuff and will post in finds.
HH!

Thanks for the comparison. I look forward to hearing more after you have more hours on the 800.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hello,
The weather finally broke for a few hours and I got out with the NOX.
Keep in mind I am comparing this unit to the CTX only.
Lightning fast.
Very light.
Headphones are good, even for an old man who cant hear very well.
I went to three locations yesterday and today where I could put it to the test in iron/trash.
Set up the machine in park 1.
Set the threshold where I could here it. (it is zero default in park and field)
Swing speed 5. ( I will get to this later)
Discrimination pattern. 12-14, 23 and up only.
Noise cancel, balance left at zero.
All other settings at default.

Nickels at the first site seem to hit at 12-13. I pulled two jeffs and one buff in very heavy iron. Pull tabs are a little higher but will hit at 13. Coins hit a little harder and cleaner.
All other coins hit where advertised.
SWING SPEED seems to be one of the critical settings. If the unit is "falsing" or the good signal are "clipping", your swing speed setting is not correct for your style. I kept playing with this and the machine really stabilized. I am used to a slow swing with the CTX and kept reminding myself I could go faster.
Found some good stuff and will post in finds.
HH!
Great info! Thnx

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Larry

Busy next week , De tag conversion, you will have to wait a while, you will see them posted June July August Fresh drop season , as soon as the tourist come down :yes::D PS I will have a hard time this summer on to hunt with the CTX3030 and the 17 , or the Equinox and the 15 on the beach Larry, the Gold Chain's i do want them :yes::D

The zinc pennies hit 21 , its a nice machine , i like it so far, just another tool to use with the CTX3030s.
Thanks Earl, I had seen that somewhere as well. That's why when kidlester wrote, "Discrimination pattern. 12-14, 23 and up only", I'm assuming that he's skipping the zinc TID numbers. :grin:

Seems like this pattern would also filter out most gold? Assuming it's for an area where gold is not expected? :?:

Hello,
Yes it would filter out all but the largest gold class rings.
The areas I were hunting are the definition on trashy. I was only trying to see how the machine acted in these conditions and playing with the setting for common coins. Not recommended for any site that has any age or gold.
HH!

I am an etrac user, and have gotten used to using the fe numbers to discrim bottle caps. Did you find steel bottle caps to be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom