help to id plate and button

metalhunter

went out today in a little town called wasco in Illinois at an old dairy farm. found what I think is some kind of plate for a strap and a button. Does anyone know anything about either one of them. [/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 172
Button looks like it came from a railroad conductors coat. Not sure on the plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dsm, there is a version during that time frame, but take a look at page 36 of Tice's book, number 1. He shows it as late 1800s to early 1900s. After studying them both for a few minutes, I think I may go with the later date. But I well may be wrong. The main reason I feel it is later is the position of the "G" and "CO". They are closer on the later version. Let me know what you think, another second set of eyes is better.

Dsm, there is a version during that time frame, but take a look at page 36 of Tice's book, number 1. He shows it as late 1800s to early 1900s. After studying them both for a few minutes, I think I may go with the later date. But I well may be wrong. The main reason I feel it is later is the position of the "G" and "CO". They are closer on the later version. Let me know what you think, another second set of eyes is better.

I think you're right ..I was just going from memory until I had time to look it up. After looking it up I think you're spot on as usual Duggap.

Back
Top Bottom