Sterling swastika

Boostnbuds

Found this in the fields I've been hunting and finding mostly shotgun shells and buckles. It says sterling on the back and had the remains of blue and white inlay. It's about the side of a 50cent piece. Any ideas?

Oops

Attachments

• 947.jpg
    947.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 955.jpg
    955.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 274
Probably a pre-Nazi party good luck piece. Great find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some kind of pin or brooch, before adolf hitler adopted the "swasika" as his symbol it was used by the boy scouts of america and was universally know as a symbol of luck. this could be pre ww2 boy scout item, or something someone drug home from the war. the different colors lead me towards the boy scouts.

some kind of pin or brooch, before adolf hitler adopted the "swasika" as his symbol it was used by the boy scouts of america and was universally know as a symbol of luck. this could be pre ww2 boy scout item, or something someone drug home from the war. the different colors lead me towards the boy scouts.

+1 , nice find
HH

The only thing I can find written is "sterling" It was more obvious before I rinsed it off. I wish it was dated, I probably wouldn't have needed to post. Looks like a lapel pin.

Is the white beneath the black? (It looks like faded black enamel to me) Like a lining for the black enamel, Or are they both at the same level (for lack of a better word)

The only metal BSA swastikas I've ever seen had a loop at the top so they could be pinned to clothing they were "thanks" badges. One's without a fleur in the middle of the front were available for a a few months then they added the fleur but none of them looked like the one you have.

I think it's German

IMO

Last edited:
The white in the inlay just seems to be a border for blue enamel. It's "at the same level". Lol the center where the inlay is missing appears machined. It may be Buddhist I had found some Chinese coins in that area in the past. An old railroad had run through the area. I'm in ri if that means anything haha. Thanks for the hell guys.

Yeah, I'm betting on pre-3rd Reich too.

Like we all know, that symbol was popular with all kinds of religions and social groups. Still a very cool find. Beats the heck out of Chuck E Cheese tokens and can slaw. :D

The swastika used to be popular with many type of people. Cowboys, Indians, hell even the US Army in WW1 used it for the shoulder sleeve insignia for one of the Pioneer units, and later it was used as a divisional patch (which one slips my mind).

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom