Bag Seal

mr_whipple

Found this Sunday while civil war relic hunting. My guess is it's a bag seal of some sort, tobacco, money etc. i just can't seem to find any info on this particular one.

I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that it's from Baltimore, but past that I'm not able to find any thing in my recent internet searches. Any direction on where I might look for info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Bagseal1.jpg
    Bagseal1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Bagseal2.jpg
    Bagseal2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Bagseal3.jpg
    Bagseal3.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 187
You're correct, its a bag seal of some sort. Kinda look like it says "rice" on the bottom in the second pic? Maybe from a bag of rice? Sorry I cant be of much help.

Cool find, though!! Congrats!!

You're correct, its a bag seal of some sort. Kinda look like it says "rice" on the bottom in the second pic? Maybe from a bag of rice? Sorry I cant be of much help.

Cool find, though!! Congrats!!

It actually says Appraisers Office on that side... Perhaps your vision is worse than mine :grin:

Just can't seem to locate much info on it. On the plus side, I did find a bunch of other things I never knew about bag seals, so it's still a learning experience. I'd just like to make a rough guess at date and perhaps the history.

It actually says Appraisers Office on that side... Perhaps your vision is worse than mine :grin:

Just can't seem to locate much info on it. On the plus side, I did find a bunch of other things I never knew about bag seals, so it's still a learning experience. I'd just like to make a rough guess at date and perhaps the history.

Perhaps... :grin:

Back
Top Bottom