Best settings for a lost platinum/diamond ring on the Equinox 800?

Saoirse

Forum Supporter
Anybody have any input on the best settings to try to locate a platinum / diamond ring?

Park or Field mode? 1 or 2? All Metal? 5 tones? 50 tones?

Area is grass covered, quite sandy soil, 50 yards or so from a salt water beach.

It would be a dedicated search so if I can notch out unwanted signals that would be great!

I don't have a platinum ring to test for VDI or tones so any input is appreciated.

Anybody have any input on the best settings to try to locate a platinum / diamond ring?

Park or Field mode? 1 or 2? All Metal? 5 tones? 50 tones?

Area is grass covered, quite sandy soil, 50 yards or so from a salt water beach.

It would be a dedicated search so if I can notch out unwanted signals that would be great!

I don't have a platinum ring to test for VDI or tones so any input is appreciated.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7h74BtmMD2w
I would not use park 1 or field 1.

Went over a 7 gram and a 11.65 gram Plat wedding band. The 7 gram was a 12 and the 11.65 gram was a 17. Doesn't matter the mode. The numbers were always the same. Tested them in a clear spot in grass laying on top of the ground. The 11.65 has five square diamonds. The other band was plain.

You didn't realize you have a Nox I take it, you just tell it to go find the ring and it does. Those things do everything for you I thought. :lol:

If it's a recent and shallow lost item, you can set your sensitivity down so that you don't get distracted by deeper signals/targets.
Depending on the size of the ring, it could register in a wide range: most anywhere you would find gold.

Thanks for the input all.

I haven't located it yet but haven't covered the whole area where it's supposed to be. Will try again in the next few days

yep, I am still waiting for the machine to do that and one attached to a drone that i can program to search a field and have it spray paint splats on just the good targets. It would do all the searching while I was sitting under a shade tree listening to music on my iPhone. Of course the paint splats should be color coded according to depth so I will know how deep my dog needs to dig. And of course the whole set up should cost less than $1,000.

Went over a 7 gram and a 11.65 gram Plat wedding band. The 7 gram was a 12 and the 11.65 gram was a 17. Doesn't matter the mode. The numbers were always the same. Tested them in a clear spot in grass laying on top of the ground. The 11.65 has five square diamonds. The other band was plain.

Music to my ears

Well I've been down there 4 times and been over that area until I have a hard time getting a signal any more, and no ring. Plenty of coins and the usual trash though so not totally wasted time.
Pretty sure now that it was lost somewhere else (there is little to no competition where I am so doubt it was found by another hunter)
It still niggles at me though that it's there somewhere :)

Back
Top Bottom