Batteries....

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
I was reading of a new battery that is out for the Etrac and Explorer. Looks excellent Lith Ion.... fully charged 12.5V which meets MLs requirements of being less than 13V. Its a 2900 instead of 1600 and charges in about 2 hours and yes has a light that shows when fully charged. Take a look: http://rnb-innovations.com/new_products.htm

I talked to them today and seems they have a battery pod they are working on for the Xcal that may come out soon as well with fast charge and yes..... a light and is Lith Ion. Sounds like an interesting upgrade.

Dew

If I still had my explorer I would get one. When they are ready for excals I will get one. A two hour charge and ready! That is very cool.
HH BH

And.... it has a light to tell when its fully charged. Funny how the simple things make us so happy :laughing:

Dew

I have dealt with batteries for years for all of my hobbies including flying radio control planes and helicopters,,batteries are batteries and if I can get a good deal on one cheaper that does the same job,,,I am in,,,,sure hope they have one for our excals sooon cause I know next year I will need a new one and don't want to pay the price

i was checkin them out too....... i'd love ta get more battery life outa my etrac.
there was a thread in the accessories section but it seemed to vanish..... :?: i'm not sure what was goin on but i missed it

Funny you should mention batteries Dew. I just found a guy selling replacement rechargeable batteries on flea bay for the Excal with a fast charger and you'll like this, the charger has 2 lights :lol: selling for half the price of a new complete battery pod. With a charge time of something like 2.5 hours.

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/items.asp?db=48

Has anyone tried this battery and charger?

I like that charger..... but isnt his battery still only 1600? Surf.... yep my battery pod is still ticking along great to with a lot of hours on it. But id sure like to have a second pod with longer hunting hours better and faster charger so i could rotate them. I know you have to have several battery pods. I guess i could just buy another Xcal as a back up then id have the pod :laughing:

Dew

I like that charger..... but isnt his battery still only 1600? Dew

Yeah the replacement is 1600 but don't know the capacity of the original Excal battery.:?: The guy selling them said twice the capacity but said nothing about how that related to added battery life on the Excal. So the way I see it you get more time out of each charge with a 2.5 hour recharge time.

Did find another thread talking about them. Bet OBN knows the full story :yes:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/154814-excalibur-batteries.html

Would be good to know how many hours you'd get out of the new Lith Ions if they could squeeze more capacity into the pod than 1600

for explorer and etrak makes sense to take lithium batteries.

for Excalibur did not make sense to do for 2 reasons ..... :)

I use recharge batteries and it would be nice to see a MD company make a solar component in their metal detectors. It would recharge the batteries while using them, sort of like the watches and calculators or those road sign that use them.

1000mAH is what the ML standard rechargeable Xcal battery is. They didnt say the mAH that the lith ion were. The output is 13V where the Explorers are 12V. Our current battery is to last approx. 14-19 hours based on a 1A discharge. Id assume they know if they produce to much voltage like they did with the Etrac battery. Stavr.... im still waiting on the 2 reasons??

Dew

I am using Ultracell NiZn batteries in the alkaline pack and I like them a lot. I bought 8 AA NiZn Ultracells and two smartchargers (each charges 4 batteries at a time, have charge lights ant auto shutoff) from an ebau seller in Hong Kong to try out.

I like them so much I, I ordered another 8 for my Dual Field. Inexpensive too.

Now I just have to find some of that silicone grease Minelab recommends for the o ring in the Alkaline pack. I gave found some but I don't need gallons of it, just maybe a little tube.

Thanks 18k, Batteries, I'm still very much a rookie on that subject.........But soon I'll have alot more time so, I'm eager to learn, and experiment. Looking at these and the setup.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/279927-excal-2-mod.html
G6 Pro Power 65c Series 14.8v
G6 Pro Power 65C series batteries deliver up to 60% more power than previous generation LiPo batteries and up to an incredible 600+ cycles. Their ultra-low internal resistance (IR) also allows them to be capable of ultra-fast charge rates up to a technology-leading 12C* for charge times of 5 minutes or less.

Really like to have some for the CZ20 also....

Beachdude, dive shop...The Best Aqua Seal Silicon Grease, Dow 111 grease is what Minelabs uses

Funny you should mention batteries Dew. I just found a guy selling replacement rechargeable batteries on flea bay for the Excal with a fast charger and you'll like this, the charger has 2 lights :lol: selling for half the price of a new complete battery pod. With a charge time of something like 2.5 hours.

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/items.asp?db=48

Has anyone tried this battery and charger?

I wonder if you can use that charger on an Etrac as well?

i was checkin them out too....... i'd love ta get more battery life outa my etrac.
there was a thread in the accessories section but it seemed to vanish..... :?: i'm not sure what was goin on but i missed it

That thread was removed at the sponsors request.

Back
Top Bottom