D. P. Newton

I made it a point to visit the museum while visiting a friend up that way. Needless to say it was a wise and fruitful decision. We had sat and talked for about an hour or so of how he and his dad went out digging among other things. Awesome times I'm sure! Too bad I had to leave. My lady friend was getting itchy!! Lol. I coulda stayed for hours just listening to his stories and looking at maps AND the relics. Sorry to hear he has passed. RIP Mr. Newton.

I made it a point to visit the museum while visiting a friend up that way. Needless to say it was a wise and fruitful decision. We had sat and talked for about an hour or so of how he and his dad went out digging among other things. Awesome times I'm sure! Too bad I had to leave. My lady friend was getting itchy!! Lol. I coulda stayed for hours just listening to his stories and looking at maps AND the relics. Sorry to hear he has passed. RIP Mr. Newton.

The first time I went in there we were talking and I was telling him of my great great grandfather, who was in the 9th Virginia Cavalry. He told me to wait a minute and came back with a brand new book still wrapped in its original plastic, the "9th Virginia Cavalry". He insisted that I take it. We looked up and found my great great grandfather in it. He really was a great, genuine and caring person......

The first time I went in there we were talking and I was telling him of my great great grandfather, who was in the 9th Virginia Cavalry. He told me to wait a minute and came back with a brand new book still wrapped in its original plastic, the "9th Virginia Cavalry". He insisted that I take it. We looked up and found my great great grandfather in it. He really was a great, genuine and caring person......
That's pretty cool! I wish I had thought of that! I had a GG grandfather, William H. Richardson, who was in the 30th Va. Infantry Co. E out of Caroline Co. He survived the war and is buried at Hollywood Cemetery. There was a guy at the Civil War Show years ago who sold a book on the 30th Va. Wish I had bought it.

That's pretty cool! I wish I had thought of that! I had a GG grandfather, William H. Richardson, who was in the 30th Va. Infantry Co. E out of Caroline Co. He survived the war and is buried at Hollywood Cemetery. There was a guy at the Civil War Show years ago who sold a book on the 30th Va. Wish I had bought it.

Well my friend I guess it really is a small world. I can give you information on the 30th infantry that you may or may not have. Both of my great great grandfathers on my grandmother's side fought in the civil war. My other GG grandfather was also in the 30th Virginia Infantry, Company G. I'll send you a private message.

Well my friend I guess it really is a small world. I can give you information on the 30th infantry that you may or may not have. Both of my great great grandfathers on my grandmother's side fought in the civil war. My other GG grandfather was also in the 30th Virginia Infantry, Company G. I'll send you a private message.
Small world indeed! I replied to your PM. My GG grandfather is on my mother's side. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom